TechSpot

Core i7 920 at 1.59 GHz

By Ejjman1
Dec 21, 2009
  1. After RMA'ing my last memory, I just received it in the mail today. It correctly works. Unfortunately, my Processor has dumbed down a bit. I have no idea why this would happen.

Motherboard: x58 SLI LE
    Processor: Core i7 920 2.66 Ghz

By the way, this site looks like it helped people with the same problem, so I figured I could give it a shot.

If there's any more information needed, please tell.

The problem does not lie within my PSU, just for the record. That is brand new, too.

Thanks!

EDIT: I know this isn't the right section, but when I turn on my computer, I get 2-3 beeps, and then my computer starts. I don't know if that means something is wrong, but all 6.00 Gb of my RAM seems to be working fine.

-Ejjman1

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

are you talking about the throttling power saver feature as to why your 920 is running at 1.59ghz?

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,823   +922

With Intel chipsets 3 beeps is usually a memory error ( .) or (!) or (?)

4. Ejjman1

Ejjman1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It beeped 2 times now. Like, always, and they are short beeps. I think it has something to do with 64k memory failing, but my memory is fine. In fact, I RMA'd and just got new parts today.

I reset my BIOs, and my speed kicked up on my i7 to 2.7 GHz, so I guess that solved it.

Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.