Corsair Vengeance memory compatibility?

By Ace Rimmer
Jun 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there peeps,

I intend to buy 8 Gb of corsair vengeance memory and i would like to know if it is compatible with my mobo. My motherboard it the AsRock N68c-s ucc, its chipset is Nvidia, although i dont know if this makes a difference or not?? please respond asap

thankyou, Ace Rimmer.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

You are going to use memory that cost 3 times as much as your motherboard. This doesn't make much sense. If you are using an AM3 CPU this memory should work
  3. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

what is the problem with buying quality ram? regardless of the price value of my motherboard. Yes i have an AM3 processor.
  4. Tmagic650

You may be wasting your money that's all. The lesser motherboard may limit the more expensive memory's performance and the overall performance of your computer
  5. Ace Rimmer

ok, well the motherboard is designed to support dual channel 8gb 1600mhz ram, so i dont the price of the motherboard will effect its performance...

i still havnt had a straight answer though =( i need to know if it will be compatible with amd am3 and mobo, anybody know for sure?
  6. Tmagic650

The motherboard specs say that if you are using an AM3 CPU you can use DDR3 memory, so go ahead and do it
  7. Ace Rimmer

i know it does, the main problem i had was the confusion over the specs of the memory itself as it states on the official website that the corsair vengeance memory is specifically designed for intel i series and sandy bridge. It doesn't specify however, that the memory will not work on am3 or amd cpu...
  8. Tmagic650

Where are you going to buy the memory? Wherever you in tend to buy it from, ask them if it will be compatible
  9. sim1215

sim1215 Newcomer, in training

Hi, I'm from malaysia. I have gigabyte ud7 with amd3 1090t using vengeance 8gb c8. Perfect, no prob at all. About 3 months tested. Cheers
  10. Ace Rimmer

ok i bought the memory and its works fine with my system set up. =) no problems at all. So all is good. Thanks for the replies
  11. Tmagic650

Thanks for the update... Happy computing :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.