TechSpot

CPU Running High % On Startup - Slow Boot

By ADRideau
Jun 12, 2008
  1. I would appreciate anyone's professional assistance with this one...

Scans from AVG 8.0, Registry Mechanic, SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, CCleaner, CleanUp! & Malwarebytes are currently displaying 'nothing found' after a few rounds of scans. A defrag has also been done.

What I'm still having challenges with, is the high consumption of the CPU 85-95% with a terrible slow boot. Once the computer loads the few startup programs that I have... it settles, just a tad...

Ran MS Bootvis to attempt to cleanup the slow boot...didn't do much. The melody at logon still stutters with the slow startup. Lastly, I also attempted to run 'tasklist /svc', (because it seems that I have an unusually high number of processes running under TaskMgr); it ran a very quick, scrolling list & disappeared.

My HiJack log appears clean... Any thoughts, please?? Thanks in advance.

-AD

2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

yea uninstall Hijackthis through add/remove programs

Highjackthis Instructions
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
    • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
    • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
    • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.