Cpu temp reaching 90.C!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok,

My system kept freezing after a little while of playing ragnarok....

so i got a cpu temp monitor... and while i was playing the temperature slowly creeped up to 90C, until it crashed.

Then i realised that in just idle the temperature was 67C !!!!!!!1

at this point i was a little worried, so i took off the side case and now in idle the temperature is 54C.....

But still 54C is bloody hot for a CPU in idle, i have 3 fans in the case 2 rear (psu and 1 added) and the other on the cpu itself, they are all running fine ( i think) but still the temperature is 54 in idle....

I noticed my PC had begun to get a bit sluggish since last saturday.... but i didnt think much of it at the time.

Does anyone have any clues of whats causing it/ things i can do to fix this problem =-(

hmm

First off, what CPU is it? A prescott running idleing at 90 is alot more common then a northwood or Athalon. You fan setup is ok. But adding a slot blower or a intake fan would help alot. Also how often do you clean the dust witha can of air. Even after a few months the dust buildup can be alarming. Another thing you could do is reapply thermal paste. But i think dust could be one of the major problems

Sean

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If after cleaning out all the dust bunnies, there`s still no improvment, then taking off the heatsink and giving it a good clean with some isopropyl alcohol, then reapplying some good thermal past, should help. Just be carefull not to apply to much, you don`t want it oozing out all over the place lol

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for feedback guys, not sure yet but its prolly the dust =p

installed it 3 years ago and havent bothered cleaning it since lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back