CPU temp while gaming on laptop

Hi I was wondering what is a stable/safe CPU temp for a gaming laptop?
on speedfan im getting a reading of while running a game. is this good or bad?
HD0 32C
Temp1 53-55
GPU 53-55
core 53-55

We need to know the specs of your computer. Download a program called 'speccy', and give us the details, along with your laptop model name.

But, that being said, 55c while in a game is excellent for a laptop.

55C is good. for my laptop I've seen FPS drops in around 80C. sometimes its the thermal paste that dries up and throttle performance. you dont have to worry about the temp cause I believe you'll see the performance suffer before your laptop cpu is fried.
my laptop have seen 95C temp for some gaming in the past when I pushed it to the limit. trimmed the bottom cover, raise the laptop by an inch and place a high-rpm fan at the surrounding now it wont go above 83C.

While those temps are absolutely fine and cool for a gaming lappy, there are notebook fan control programs out there for decent lappies. I can use I8kfanGUI on my Precision M6400, which normally IDLES around 40-50C with a T9500 on auto fan control, which deliberately runs the fans slow in idle, and run it's dual CPU and GPU fans at max speed (about 4000 RPM, regular speed is around half of that) to get down to 25C. And it still does not really make a significant amount of noise since it's such as well designed mobile workstation. You can do the same if it goes like how mine does.

My CPU gets to around 65C in game, I dont know about my GPU. Use realtemp, speedfan is usually not accurate

Good idea to open up and clean out the fans every couple of months too. It gets disastrous in there which causes a lot of heat. Sounds like you're fine for now though.

^^ Agreed. Every time I open one of my laptops to clean out the dust, I get clumps of dust. Pretty sick. :p

^^ Agreed. Every time I open one of my laptops to clean out the dust, I get clumps of dust. Pretty sick. :p
I havent opened up my laptop since 2010, I should lol. I try to keep the area in which I use my laptop clean of dust, but you cant keep those smaller ones out

Back