Cpu temperature question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

my computer usually runs at 40c. one day when i started it up it went to 50-60c. is that something to worry about? or will things be ok

Well The Fan Is Running Fine Should I Consider Removing The Cpu And Applying SOME Thermal Grease? ALSO core temp doesn't support my processor. i ran the application and it gave an error message stating that

uh i am new to this so how would you do that. i have the stock heatsink and fan and a panaflow ultra high speed 92mm case fan micro atx form factor. if that helps

Your startup temps will always be higher than idle, have you made sure that there is no dust in the grills of the hsf? Also what are the temps where you live. My AMD 4800+ (2.5ghz) runs 32 idle and about 42 -43 startup when the temps are below about 90 id say so yea, u def have some problems here.

i just cleand it out the other day and it made no difference. outside temps are below 90. so what do you suggest that i do to solve the heat problem?

assuming that your cpu is not being pinged out at 100% instead of idleing i would say check that your cpu fan is running 100% and that all other case fans are still working. After that i would have to say start with new thermal compound than hsf. Also if you can try a different fan that fits on the heat sync and has a rpm of of 3000 at the minimum

nope my cpu is idle. hsf is running great! and my case fan is working also. so whats the best thermal compound? thanks for your help

there is alot of debate what compounds are the best, personally I have no bias so im just gonna say arctic silver would be an option, i have heard alot of good opinions about it.

i would just search newegg.com unless there is a comp shop nearby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back