Crash during Virus Scan/AdAware Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtlandis

My system has been crashing whenever I do a virus scan (AVG) or try to scan with AdAware. I am able to do a full virus scan from safe mode.

I followed all the directions from the 8-Step Preliminary Removal Thread. Nothing spectacular happened. I also ran a SpinRite scan. SpinRite found no faulty sectors.

The error message I get is:

PAGE_RAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFBFB, 0X00000000, 0X080544A9D, 0X00000000)

I am attaching the requested logs.

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

P.S Thread moved to this forum Security and the Web (ie here)
I have also replied to your other thread, and all the members who incorrectly replied to you!

Thank you for your help!

I can't believe I missed that part. I tried to be so careful. Well it is done now. I am posting the new log along with a new HijackThis log.

I apologize, as I'm very busy. But this will help you a lot: (2 things actually)

Please do this
(Some members say they have already tried this in a reply; but later I find it has not been done!)
The following not only resets all Internet Explorer's settings, but also removes all temp files, all extensions are disabled (toolbars, browser extensions, and Browser Helper Objects), and activeX controls are restored.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

---------------------------

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

In order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

:)

Just to give you a quick update before I do what you are suggesting above.....

After I reran Malwarebyte's and HijackThis, I rebooted and closed a bunch of unnecessary processes like HP Updates, Logitech Updates, etc... I ran an AdAware Quick Scan. It took an inordinate amount of time (45 minutes). I removed the 2 tracking cookies it found and closed it. I got my blue screen again. I rebooted and shut down the unnecessary processes again. This time I tried to run AVG. 45 seconds into the scan I got the same blue screen again.

I am printing your above instructions and will follow them. Also, I will be running MemScope tonight as it was suggested to me if SpinRite found nothing it could be a memory issue.

Lastly, I use Firefox almost exclusively but I will use IE for your directions above.

Thanks!

Ok I ran Kaspersky and I would post the log except it was totally empty. Kaspersky found nothing. I will post tomorrow and let you know how MemScope went.

Just a quick update....

After more than 24 hours and 33 passes, I finally stopped MemScope. It was reporting errors before I stopped it, so I am guessing the problem is with my RAM.

I am getting a new machine and this machine will be going to the kids. I will run MemScope again once I have the new machine up and running. If need be, I will replace the RAM in this machine for the kids.

Thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back