Crash reports BCCode: 116

I built this computer myself. Have had it for about a year now no issues until today. It has crashed approximately 10 times today and required a hard reboot (reset button on the case) each time. It acts like the video drivers have failed and attempts to restart the drivers but gets stuck or fails. I have had solid color screens yellows, greens, pinks. not a true "BSOD".

The main BCCode is 116, with the fourth parameter being 0x4. I cannot remember the other three parameters off the top of my head.

I have a feeling my video card is starting to die, but would like a second opinion. I have attempted the fixes listed in Mr. Franco's thread as well as the troubleshooting link referenced in it with no results.

My computer specs are on my Profile information page. Let me know if you need any further information. The minidumps I have attempted to upload say the *.dmp extension is not allowed.

Have you checked to see if the video card fan is clean and free of dust. The fan should be exposed with no front guard. The dust collects under the fan on and into the metal heatsink

Back