Inactive Critical error, restarts computer in 1 minutes (need help posting logs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This virus seems common as there are a lot of threads on it, I am on an old mac currently, my pc is running windows 7 32bit (tell me if you need better specs)
when I start my computer I instantly receive a message that my computer will restart in 1 minute, I think Microsoft security essentials is the cause of this as it only started happening when I downloaded it and tried to remove a few trojans and a virus it discovered (sirefef or something). the computer also gets this message in safe mode.

the full story:

got the virus yesterday that stops you from using everything until you buys its full version (cant remember its name) but ive had it before, about 2-4 weeks ago. I got rid of it, or at least made it so it didnt affect me.
I uninstalled a bunch of programs that I dont need or are no longer on my computer
later in the day I was getting redirects on internet explorer ( had this for weeks but it was much worse) decided to change browsers to firefox but exactly the same thing happened.
my avg had been out of date for ages so I downloaded the first antivirus program I could find (spyhunter I think) but you need to pay money to actually remove the viruses.
a friend linked me to Microsoft security essentials so I downloaded it and started a scan. it came up with a few viruses and trojans (pretty sure all of them were sirefef or something) but when I tried to remove them I got the critical error message and my computer restarted. I tried this a few more times but it kept happening.
I gave up and went to bed and now whenever I turn my computer on I instantly get this message at startup.

any help would be appreciated, I cant do a reformat of my computer because I need a 2tb hard drive to back up all my anime, and neither my nor my parents really have the money to buy a new hard drive

I was going to post the frst logs you need but when I tap F8 while rebooting it comes up with which drive do you want to start in and I dont know where to go from there.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

==========================================

it comes up with which drive do you want to start in and I dont know where to go from there
Do you have different Windows version installed on different drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back