Crytek and Nvidia team up to give away free Crysis 3 alpha trial keys

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Crytek has teamed up with Nvidia to give some lucky gamers a chance to help test Crysis 3. The game is still in alpha stage but that likely won’t deter most Nanosuit fans from participating. There’s only one catch, however: you need to act quickly as the keys are reportedly being offered on a first come, first serve basis.

Those interested in participating should head over to Nvidia’s GeForce Facebook page. From there, you’ll need to “Like” the page (if you haven’t already) and fill out a brief questionnaire. After that, we’re told you will be given an alpha trial key – granted there are still some left.

nvidia keys crysis alpha trial alpha crysis 3

Codes are redeemable through EA’s Origin gaming service and of course, it’s only for PC gamers. It’s unclear whether or not other platforms will get a similar offer down the road. As we understand it, you should be able to load the client right away but the actual trial doesn’t get underway until November 2 at 1 p.m. PST.

Crysis 3 was officially unveiled nearly six months ago. At that time, we learned that players will control Nanosuit soldier Prophet in the year 2047. They’ll be responsible for guiding him through seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome as he seeks revenge. The nanodome consists of seven unique climates such as an urban swamp, rain forest and grasslands.

The title is expected to hit stores in February 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC.

Permalink to story.

If I'm not wrong crysis always have open beta ( Im sure Iv played crysis 2 beta and it was open to everyone? ) ... so yeah soon everyone should get hands on to try crysis 3 MP...

koko

Thanks so much, TechSpot, not enthusiastic on Origin or EA, but I'll give it a shot, FYI they just uploaded 7,500 more keys to anyone who thought they missed out.

I hope this one has good graphics like Crysis 1 instead of being a console sellout like Crysis 2

They lost me at facebook and kicked me in the nads with Origin.

Agreed, seriously I hate when they force you to use that bs called Facebook. Had to re-activate my account...

Anyway go a trial key, but I should of got like 4 others after it .... But nah I was too lazy *slap*

They lost me at facebook and kicked me in the nads with Origin.

Too many really want to take advantage of Facebook. I've seen it grow along with other alternatives, all you see me use is Twitter and that's it. Want me using a social media site, that's only wanting your data? Forget it! Anything I'd put on there is fake info, just so they can later go delete it. Not that I'd even give a care.

Already liked Nvidia a looong time ago. Like Crysis more than I dislike Origin. Alpha key is mine ^_^

I got one for the hell of it and don't plan on using it, the first person to PM me can have it!

If I'm not wrong crysis always have open beta ( Im sure Iv played crysis 2 beta and it was open to everyone? ) ... so yeah soon everyone should get hands on to try crysis 3 MP...

koko

This is an invitation to an Alpha build, not a Beta.

Not true.. I got one yesterday..
Really? Because the rest of us get "[CENTER][FONT=arial]Unfortunately we have run out of Alpha Trial keys. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned to our Facebook page for future promotions.[/FONT][/CENTER]" for days.

Maybe they're getting them in batches and making them available as soon as they do. It's possible they've run out several times if that's the case.

Maybe they're getting them in batches and making them available as soon as they do. It's possible they've run out several times if that's the case.
Exactly.. I liked their page, went to my profile, started browsing, I clicked on my profile 15 minutes later, and there was a post stating that they had just uploaded 7,500 more alpha keys... I posted that on here when it happened, if you read the first few comments you'll see it.

Really? Because the rest of us get "
[CENTER][FONT=arial]Unfortunately we have run out of Alpha Trial keys. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned to our Facebook page for future promotions.[/FONT][/CENTER]
" for days.
kthxbai.

Back