TechSpot

Crytek: We remain committed to PC gaming despite leak

By Jos
Feb 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The recent leak of Crytek's highly anticipated Crysis 2 on torrent sites had left many worried about the developer's support for the PC platform in the future. The company had already dropped PC exclusivity in 2008 after Crysis was savaged by piracy, so the prospect of them abandoning PC development altogether is certainly something that crossed many gamer's minds. Fortunately, CEO Cevat Yerli has has moved to reassure everyone that that's not going to happen.

Read the whole story

2. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

Well thats good to hear, already pre-ordered my copy for PC, cant wait, mates of mine have got the leaked copy and they said it was such an awesome game they went out to pre order it.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Yeah I've heard the same on some other forum sites, reports of people who have never played crysis and usually just torrent games but have played this half broken beta version of the game and many have actually pre-ordered!

Nice to hear Crytek still supporting the PC, even after this.

4. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TS Maniac Posts: 378

talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Glad to hear the continued support. Dedication is something many devs are lacking now-a-days

5. I am a long-time PC gamer, and I applaud Crytek's decision to stick with PC games. I will definitely be BUYING (not downloading an unlicensed copy of) the game to support the work that Crytek does and the commitment they exhibit to the platform I love.

- darth_vida

6. Afenix

Afenix TS Rookie Posts: 51

I'm really happy to hear that. PC Gaming will never die!

7. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 272   +29

I've already pre-ordered my two copies (one for each of my boxes) from Amazon. This is good news indeed.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,352   +109

Of course you are... its only your damn fault it leaked =)

9. Just for being a stand up guy I might have to purchase this on release day instead of waiting for a sale a couple months down the road. =)

10. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to buy this game right away until I saw leaked footage lol.

11. ess333

ess333 TS Rookie Posts: 28

once it appears on steam im getting it

12. Regenweald

Regenweald TS Rookie Posts: 143

If I were and FPS guy, based on some of the leaked vids I've seen of the new engine, I'd buy the final.

13. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 239

Nice to read this, im getting this game in April.!

14. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

I'm very glad to hear this news!
    But I preordered the game 8 months ago anyway :)

I'm really hoping they release the demo soon tho, I haven't watched the leaked material but I'm itching to see some action now :)
    And also to know how much I need to upgrade my old trusty PC aswell (My GFX card is now over 3 years old, and yet I have not felt the need to upgrade!)

15. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Not sure if you really will have to. My GTX 260 runs it on high with no problems.

For the record guys I do have a pre order so don't bother with the whining about piracy.

16. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

I couldn't help myself and I played the leak. Runs at around 30fps at "Hardcore settings" on 1080p res. with a Q9550 @3.61ghz and a SINGLE GTX465. (Sli is not supported, duh)The 30fps doesn't sound very appetizing, but it's actually quite smooth. The game does look beautiful, but something from the first one that gave it's magic seems to be missing...

Anyway, I'll deff be buying the game.

17. princeton

It's capped at 30fps so you could be getting higher.

18. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

That's good to hear, as I also have a GTX 260. I'll probably upgrade to a GTX 560 Ti soon though for DX11 support.

19. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Thats a good org *cough hear that Microsoft* *cough Halo wasnt released to pc since halo 2*, already started to eat cups of noodles to save for 2 copies.

20. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,358   +402

Good news - glad to hear this. I've also pre-ordered a copy (before the leak). Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis: Warhammer rocked my world. No reason to believe Crysis 3 won't be the same.

21. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I'm definitely getting a copy when it comes out. My primary gaming rig still runs a GTX 275. I hope Crytek did a good job optimizing the game or I'll probably end up springing for a new GTX 500 series card. Either way, it's going to be worth the money.

22. @tomsea
    Crysis warhammer? lol warhead you mean

23. Thank god, because i love playing on my pc. i will not pirate this game because crytek are worth the $$$.

24. that is good i am going to buy it any ways to support them !!!!!!
    and pc gameing
    go crytek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz suport them too buy the real game when it comes out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. princeton

Fixed :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.