Crytek: We remain committed to PC gaming despite leak

Jos

Staff

The recent leak of Crytek's highly anticipated Crysis 2 on torrent sites had left many worried about the developer's support for the PC platform in the future. The company had already dropped PC exclusivity in 2008 after Crysis was savaged by piracy, so the prospect of them abandoning PC development altogether is certainly something that crossed many gamer's minds. Fortunately, CEO Cevat Yerli has has moved to reassure everyone that that's not going to happen.

"While we are deeply disappointed by these events, we are all completely overwhelmed by the support we have received from you", wrote Yerli referring to the leak. "Despite this unfortunate incident, we can assure you that PC gaming is very important to us and will always be important to Crytek in the future. We are all still focused on delivering a great gaming experience to our true and honest fans. I hope you will enjoy Crysis 2 on PC, as we think it is our best PC game yet!"

The leaked version of the game is reportedly an incomplete version that requires some minor tweaking to run but is playable from start to finish. The game will see a multi-platform release on March 22, 2011 in the United States and March 25, 2011 in Europe, with a PC demo supposedly coming ahead of launch.

Permalink to story.

Well thats good to hear, already pre-ordered my copy for PC, cant wait, mates of mine have got the leaked copy and they said it was such an awesome game they went out to pre order it.

Yeah I've heard the same on some other forum sites, reports of people who have never played crysis and usually just torrent games but have played this half broken beta version of the game and many have actually pre-ordered!

Nice to hear Crytek still supporting the PC, even after this.

talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Glad to hear the continued support. Dedication is something many devs are lacking now-a-days

I am a long-time PC gamer, and I applaud Crytek's decision to stick with PC games. I will definitely be BUYING (not downloading an unlicensed copy of) the game to support the work that Crytek does and the commitment they exhibit to the platform I love.

- darth_vida

Just for being a stand up guy I might have to purchase this on release day instead of waiting for a sale a couple months down the road. =)

I'm very glad to hear this news!
But I preordered the game 8 months ago anyway :)

I'm really hoping they release the demo soon tho, I haven't watched the leaked material but I'm itching to see some action now :)
And also to know how much I need to upgrade my old trusty PC aswell (My GFX card is now over 3 years old, and yet I have not felt the need to upgrade!)

Per Hansson said:

I'm really hoping they release the demo soon tho, I haven't watched the leaked material but I'm itching to see some action now :)
And also to know how much I need to upgrade my old trusty PC aswell (My GFX card is now over 3 years old, and yet I have not felt the need to upgrade!)

Not sure if you really will have to. My GTX 260 runs it on high with no problems.

For the record guys I do have a pre order so don't bother with the whining about piracy.

I couldn't help myself and I played the leak. Runs at around 30fps at "Hardcore settings" on 1080p res. with a Q9550 @3.61ghz and a SINGLE GTX465. (Sli is not supported, duh)The 30fps doesn't sound very appetizing, but it's actually quite smooth. The game does look beautiful, but something from the first one that gave it's magic seems to be missing...

Anyway, I'll deff be buying the game.

BlindObject said:
I couldn't help myself and I played the leak. Runs at around 30fps at "Hardcore settings" on 1080p res. with a Q9550 @3.61ghz and a SINGLE GTX465. (Sli is not supported, duh)The 30fps doesn't sound very appetizing, but it's actually quite smooth. The game does look beautiful, but something from the first one that gave it's magic seems to be missing...

Anyway, I'll deff be buying the game.

It's capped at 30fps so you could be getting higher.

Princeton said:
Per Hansson said:

Not sure if you really will have to. My GTX 260 runs it on high with no problems.

For the record guys I do have a pre order so don't bother with the whining about piracy.
That's good to hear, as I also have a GTX 260. I'll probably upgrade to a GTX 560 Ti soon though for DX11 support.

Thats a good org *cough hear that Microsoft* *cough Halo wasnt released to pc since halo 2*, already started to eat cups of noodles to save for 2 copies.

Good news - glad to hear this. I've also pre-ordered a copy (before the leak). Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis: Warhammer rocked my world. No reason to believe Crysis 3 won't be the same.

I'm definitely getting a copy when it comes out. My primary gaming rig still runs a GTX 275. I hope Crytek did a good job optimizing the game or I'll probably end up springing for a new GTX 500 series card. Either way, it's going to be worth the money.

Thank god, because i love playing on my pc. i will not pirate this game because crytek are worth the $$$.

that is good i am going to buy it any ways to support them !!!!!!
and pc gameing
go crytek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz suport them too buy the real game when it comes out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomSEA said:
Good news - glad to hear this. I've also pre-ordered a copy (before the leak). Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis: Warhead rocked my world. No reason to believe Crysis 2 won't be the same.

Fixed :p

Back