ahujahbti

Hi
I have a compaq Laptop with following config;

Dual Core Processor T3200
Intel mobile 4 series express chipset
intel GMA 4500 MHD graphic controller upto 256 MB graphics memory
3GB DDR2 RAM
160 GB HDD

when i play cs1.6 the fps start from 60 and after some time it comes to 20 and flutuate all the time between 20 to 60.

I have tried many cs1.6 commands, but there is no effect.Also tried the minimum settings of counter strike. But the result is same.

Could you people suggest me for increasing fps .
or if it would constant on 60fps, even it will be fine for me.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

First of all start with videocard.
Software installed?
What resolution your running(in game)? Too low = Bad game experience Too high = Decreased fps
What Video Mode your running(in game)? Software, OpenGL, DR3 (worse to best and is all about if it is compatile with videocard)

Gamesettings
Smoke granade setting (best looking lasting longest) = Best fps (advance settings (where you change nick)
console codes;
fps_max 101
rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101

Try this setting, i normaly playing with 70+

HI
thanks for the reply.

My video card has integrated memory of 256 MB .And the driver for chipset and video card is installed and is the latest one.
Also the default software is installed for the video card.
I have tried different resolutions (640*480 ,800 * 600, 1024 *768) with both 16 bits and 32 bits colors. but the same problem is coming.Also i have tried with the desktop resolutions same as game resoltuions , but there is no effect .
I am using the open GL mode and also tried your console codes, but the problem is still here.

I have analysed my task manager processes with the game ,but there is no change in processor usage and memory usage when the FPS drops. Also i have reinstalled the Windows XP but the same problem is still here in the new installation.

My graphics card properties during the game play shows the following statistics:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report
Report Date: 05/11/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 01:08:56
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4969
Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 3035 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 32 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 256 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 31 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Speed: 1995 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 2A42
Device Revision: 07

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1654.0
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

* Notebook *

Monitor Name: Plug and Play Monitor
Display Type: Digital
Gamma Value: 2.20
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
Vertical: Not Available
Monitor Supported Modes:
1280 by 800 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode: Not Supported
Suspend Mode: Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

The graphics memory in use shows only 31 MB although I have 256 MB maximum.Can I utilize my umused graphics memory for CS1.6?
I have checked these settings when playing counterstrike source , the graphics memory in use shows 156 MB there.

One thing I want to tell here that there is some OpenGL 3d settings for my graphics card software (Intel graphics media accelerator driver). And i am running it in default settings. these settings are as below:
Asynchronous Flip - OFF (options : off/on)
Triple Buffering - Default (options : Default/off/on)
Flipping policy - Flip (options : Flip/built)
Depth Buffer Bit depth - Default (options : Default/16 bit depth buffer /24 bit depth buffer )
Force S3TC Texture Compression: OFF (options : off/on)
Force FXT1 Texture Compression: OFF (options : off/on)
Driver Memory footprint: Normal (Option: Normal/Low/high)
Texture Color Depth : Desktop Color Depth ( Options: Desktop Color Depth / 16 bits per texel /32bits per texel)
Anisotropic Filtering : Application Conlrol (Options: Application Conlrol/on/off)

I have been playing CS1.6 on my Old desktop(,pentium 4 processor 256 MB ram and 8MB on board graphics memory.) since last 6 years .And there was no problems of FPS drop.
Now i have the upgraded version of hardware in my laptop but i am not getting even 60fps continuosly.sometimes the fps goes below 20.

If someone can help me , it would be highly appreciated.

Perhaps it is just normal gameplay variation, after all, graphics are not exactly the same. My framerates in source often vary between 300 and 100 depending on what is going on.
The only thing you can do is apply a low settings config, make sure your settings are down, and start saving for a decent desktop instead of a laptop.

Do you have automatic or manual set vritual mememory?
startmenu -> propertise (on my computer) -> advanced -> Preformance setting -> advanced -> vritual memory change.

click on the instalation disc (normaly C:\) and customized it to 3000-4500 and push "set", you will need to reboot your computer and will loose some hard disc space but increase preformance of the computer.

I read you got laptop, tried use another monitor plugged into your laptop? Laptop monitors is not the best into gaming experience.

Have you maxed preformance in power options in controle pannel? Some laptops has decreased preformance to increase battery life.

Hey man great, you know all these things....
now i am getting constant 60 FPS in cs1.6.

Actually , the virtual memory by default was 2048 MB . But I changed it to 3072 MB some days ago.
But now i changed it to the 5000 MB , 4000 MB from my first drive partition and 1000 MB from second partition then I am getting constant 60FPS .
Many Thanks to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back