CS: Source Mouse lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just did a fresh install of xp sp2 and updated to sp3. installed all drivers for all my hardware and my antivirus. now to the problem

while playing cs source i get lag. but not all the time. only when i move the mouse. if im just walking or spectating everything runs great. but the instant i move the mouse it jumps bad. i tried in hl deathmatch too and same thing. i am using a setup i have played this on perfectly before. my mouse is a g5 laser. i tried re installing the os again. and disabling my antivirus. im running out of ideas on what it could be. any suggestions???

Try putting these into your config:

m_pitch "0.022"
m_filter "0"
sensitivity "3" //change to your liking
m_side "0.8"
m_yaw "0.022"
m_forward "1"
m_customaccel "0"
m_customaccel_scale "0.04"
m_customaccel_max "0"
m_customaccel_exponent "1"
m_mouseaccel1 "0"
m_mouseaccel2 "0"
m_mousespeed "1"
cl_mouselook "1"
cl_idealpitchscale "0.8"

lagging can come from a cpu bottleneck, if those don't help, try turrning anti-aliasing off and turning down your settings.

Are you using onboard sound or do you have a sound card? Some onboard sound systems use the usb bus to transmit data. Problem is it can sometime cause a slow down on the usb bus which can effect the mouse. If you have an old usb to ps2 adapter try using the ps2 mouse connector on the back of the pc and see what that does.

Go in to your counter strike in game options, go to controls, advanced and check the "enable developer console" box.

Then press the ¬ key on your keyboard in game. ( its the one above tab)

Enter the codes in the box that appears.

OR
Go to your counter strike folder\cstrike\cfg\autoexec.cfg
open it with notepad or a text editor, then paste those in at the bottom. Start your css game.

well the adapter idea got me thinking. i tried it but the ps2 port wont power my g5 for some reason. but i grabbed my old ps2 optical and tried that. worked great. so i still wanna fix the g5 but i got a work around for now.

do you all think that those settings will fix the prob now that i know its the usb crap. or will i need a sound card?

do you all think that those settings will fix the prob now that i know its the usb crap. or will i need a sound card?
O.o, where did you come up with sound card?

Either way, try them, they won't hurt, their easy, and there is no reason not to. I don't know if they will help though.

from tekk. he said something about onboard sound going through the usb bus. and i have heard that before but i ran this exact setup with the g5 and it worked. when i get home ill try those prams though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back