Cubitek HPTX-ICE High-End Case Review

By Jos
May 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Hmm, I have a case just like this. Its called a TJ07
  2. Without commenting about the rest of the review, this is a case designed with a specific motherboard size in mind. I'm a little curious why you wouldnt bother to obtain an HPTX mobo for a HPTX case review.
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,261   +92

Because HPTX boards are about common as unicorns. The odds are far greater that someone will use an ATX board with this case and our review reflects the most likely scenario. Besides, we needed to use the ATX board for thermal testing and using a larger board wouldn't have changed any impressions. Wires would've been less visible, but that doesn't change the routing issues for ATX boards. The door would've still buckled, the fan would've still eaten its filter, the fan controller and tool-less features would've still been missing, and the build quality would've still been sub-par.
  4. Looks like a knock off of a Lian Li case. I'm not a fan of those cheap doors with the thumbscrews holding it on either. Looks okay externally but poorly manufactured in my opinion.
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

I think the TJ07 has a bit more going for it...I'm pretty sure you wouln't swap the SilverStone for the Cubitek.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

You're right. Its still in use now.
  7. cyriene

cyriene TS Rookie Posts: 31

Such a nice big case, yet not made watercooling friendly. Too bad.