Cyberlink BD Advisor (from PowerDVD) does not recoginze the Radeon HD4350 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodancer

I have installed a Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Ultra / Producer that comes with a Cyberlink BD Advisor for my LG Blu-ray rewriter (WH08L20K). For some reason from the scan results, the BD Advisor doesn't recognize the installed RADEON HD4350 PCI card but rather the disabled onboard video card (DELL 2400). In addition, outputs of blu-ray movie have been disappointed (like slide show) and I suspect the PowerDVD has been talking with the onboard video card but not the RADEON HD4350.

Any idea that I can force the BD Advisor to recoginze the RADEON HD4350 card and tell the PowerDVD is using the HD4350 for movie outputs?

Now that you have installed a Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Ultra / Producer, the Blu-Ray DVD player can be told to use Media Player 11 for test proposes. What version of Windows are you running, and is Windows fully updated?

Power DVD sucks, and it is a resource hog to boot... What kind of monitor do you have? Are you connecting it HD video? Are you outputting Blu-Ray video to a HD TV?

This PowerDVD keeps giving "choke up" effect even when it plays regular DVDs. However, there is no problem at all when I use Window Media to play the same DVDs.

It connects via HDMI to my ACER 24" 1080P LCD monitor.

This PowerDVD sucks but free. It came with the LG Blu-ray 8x rewriter that I scored on Black Friday sale.

"However, there is no problem at all when I use Window Media to play the same DVDs"...

So remove Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Ultra / Producer that comes with a Cyberlink BD Advisor... and use Windows Media Player 11. You may need the DVD encoder that Power DVD provides using XP. With Vista or Windows 7, Windows Media Center is provided so no 3rd party DVD decoder is necessary

Problem has been solved!

These are software (PowerDVD) and hardware (Radeon HD4350) compatibility problems. I installed a new EVGA 9400GT 1Gb PCI card and now all Blu-ray movies look very nice (except Batman The Dark Knight because of its extra juice needed??).

However, the Cyberlink BD Advisor still shows the onboard video card as the graphic card.

Funny thing is that the driver version that BD Advisor shows is for the 9400GT and not the onboard card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back