Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

D-Link Systems DI-604 Residential Gateway

Posted: 7/24/2002
Written By: Tron
Price: $49.00
Provided By: D-Link Systems Inc.

tboxpic.jpg

For those who are interested in sharing a broadband connection with multiple PC's (and do so on a budget), have relied on Windows's ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) due to the simplicity and overall cheapness (a spare ethernet card and a crossover cable or hub/switch) of the arrangement.

Time's as they are often wont to do, change. Inexpensive dedicated SOHO network routers offer a compelling alternative to "rolling your own" internet gateway. For the ultra frugal, however, price is always a concern.

Enter Dlink. Dlink has been a long-time player in the networking arena, and has continued to offer competetive products for the expanding SOHO/Broadband market. Dlink's newest gauntlet thrown into the foray, is their mind numbingly inexpensive (ok, maybe it just doesnt take alot to numb *my* mind) DI-604 Residential Gateway redefines "value" in this product segment. With advanced "firewall" and scheduling features, and as complete a feature set as you're likely to find in a sub $100 device.

But forget $100, forget $79, no no not even $59 (Am I starting to sound like a commercial for a Pocket Fisherman or a George Foreman grille?). With an MSRP of only $49, and street prices even lower, is there any reason to bother with software solutions like ICS anymore?

Let's take a look!

source: http://www.thetechzone.com/display.php?i=176&p=1

Well worth a look at this article, the price is exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back