Daily BSOD on vista and lots of them!

Hi there,

Well up until recently never had a problem with my laptop but about a week ago my built in wireless connection would just keep randomly disconnecting.

Tried to find a way to fix it but couldn't so reformatted everything hoping that would help.....Well it made things about 100 times worse still have the wireless problem but now my laptop is very unresponsive, very slow at times, randomly crashes a lot, sometimes wont even load up just freezes on the windows screen, getting a stupid amount of BSOD. Never doing the same thing when I get them sometimes get them when loading chrome sometimes get them when just loading up the laptop.

Very annoying as I hadn't updated or installed anything before the original problem so I'm confused as to what's going on.

Make and model is:
Hi-Grade Notino W5800P

Specs for the Laptop are:
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 892 Mb
Graphics Card: SiS Mirage 3 Graphics, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104477 MB, Free - 71027 MB;
Motherboard: HIGRADED, M7x0S, Bottom, SI96A-55
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

Also uploaded my minidumps so hopefully someone can shed some light on what's going wrong.

Thanks for any help
Please don't tell me my laptop is dying, seems like it though :(
Steve

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    185.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump1.zip
    166.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump2.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Steve. First let me say that I strongly urge you to back up everything of importance ASAP to CD/DVD and/or fash drives. Second, I read all your minidumps from today, 11/20, and they are all of the same error code.

Every error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source o 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

I am concerned it is either your harddrive failing (which is why I said to back up everything of importance) or corrupted memory -- though at this point I rule nothing out. Have you ever run a haddrive diagnostics or memtest before?

Hey thanks for the response and help very much appreciated :)

Already backed up anything of importance as hard a feeling this was not good.

Have just finished running hard drive diagnostic and memtest and came up with no errors does that narrow down the problem at all?

I know you said its a hard error to work with but Is there any other test I can do to narrow down the problem?

If not is this going to be cheap to fix or am I going to have to end up buying a new laptop?

Again thanks for you help
Steve

What harddrive diagnostics did you run? How long did you run memtest? What are your system temps like?

It could be your wireless card is the issue. A reformat will not help in this case because the issue is hardware.

Back