Daily BSOD Vista several errors

I'm not an expert but I do work on computers regularly. After almost two weeks of working on this thing I decided to post here.

This is a toshiba A305-S6905 with Vista Home Premium x86 sp2, and gets a blue screen about once or twice a day under heavy use. I have examined the crash dumps and here are the alleged offenders:

-mostly ntkrpamp.exe
-Netio.sys
-NETw5v32.sys (I believe this is related to the wifi)
-Chrome.exe

I have flashed the BIOS, reinstalled all third party drivers, unistalled Norton 360, tried an older wifi driver, disabled DEP, unistalled the webcam utility I had put on from another model, and got all windows updates. Also I ran memtest86 all night twice, ran chkdsk /r twice, and checked the integrity of the windows filing system. BTW I completely wiped and reinstalled this PC less than two months ago. It was having this issue before and after the wipe.

Maybe the wifi card has gone bad? It does seem to happen more when using the internet. Any help would be great thanks.

Attaching the crash dumps

Attachments

• crashdumps.zip
    188.5 KB · Views: 0
NETw5v32.sys is a driver for your Intel wireless adapter. Go to Toshiba's website, find your exact model, and update your wireless drivers from then and not Intel.

Thanks you for the reply. I have got both versions of the driver from toshibas website already.

I think I will crack it open and check the hardware.

Here is a summary of the last 4 crash dumps.

0xD1 netw5v32.sys - Chrome.exe

0xFC Netio.sys - Chrome.exe

0x8E igdkmd32.sys - GFWLClient.exee

0x8E rundll32.exe - ntkrpamp.exe

I believe it is the wifi driver but I have reinstalled it 5 or 6 times with the ones from toshibas site.

Two of your errors are 0x8E and though it cites drivers keep in mind that these errors are almost always caused by hardware.

gdkmd32.sys = Intel wireless driver

netw5v32.sys = Intel wireless driver

Netio.sys = Windows OS driver that has to do with Input/Output networking/internet

* Since you tried several drivers my best guess is that the wireless card itself is bad.

Solved!

I thought it was the hardware too, so I opened it up to check the card. Read the model off of the card and went to Intel's website instead of toshiba to find a driver.

It hasn't crashed since, not sure why toshiba has not updated there drivers.

Thanks for the help :)

Back