TechSpot

Daylight will use Unreal Engine 4, procedurally-generated maps

By Julio Franco
Feb 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Independent game developer Zombie Studios officially announced their next big project called Daylight during the DICE summit last week. So far, so good, but the really interesting side of the story is that Daylight will use Epic's Unreal Engine 4 and...

Read more
  2. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TS Booster Posts: 431   +145

No offense but what games does 'Zombie' have under their belt? I have never heard of them.
  3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

TheBigFatClown, information on Zombie studios can be easily found by doing a simple google search. However, here you go. http://www.zombie.com/games

If it is within the price quoted in the article. I wouldn't mind picking it up and giving it a try. The procedurally-generated maps seem really interesting.
  4. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,669   +58

Played a game called amnesia yesterday for about an hour, sounds like this game, you have to keep lighting stuff like candles to keep your sanity and solve puzzles. Really dark and drab. A shadow follows you. Your in a old castle. I don't really dig puzzle games but this one seems nuts. First game that made me feel frightened since resident evil back on the old playstation in my early teens.

Amnesia doesn't have random dungeons like this game +1 for re-playability first brought on by diablo 1 from my recollection.
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

$20 for half an hour? Haha.

treetops: Amnesia is a great game!
  6. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 577   +98

Let's hope they eradicated the texture pop in which was so pervasive in Unreal Engine 3 based games.
  7. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,806   +542

What game? :)
    St1ckM4n likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.