Deleted things not going into recycle bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodgreen

The things we delete are not going into the the recycle bin anymore.
I used to be able to delete, it would go to recycle bin, and I could retrieve it. Now it is deleted immediately.
I looked up information to fix it ==I went to the recycle bin, right click, & Properties. THE BOX IS NOT CHECKED to delete immediately.
The space amount is OK. What is wrong??? :confused:

Take a look in Windows explorer,and see if there`s more than one instance of the recycle bin.The files may have gone into the other one.You might have to uncheck the "Hide system files" box in Tools/Folder options/View menu to see it.

I found this at Kelly`s Korner :Quote -

1)Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deleted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;168570

2)This seems to work for many: Make sure that something is in the Recycle Bin(delete any file). With the Recycle Bin closed, right click and choose: Empty Recycle Bin. When the confirm box appears, click ok. Reboot. Now the Recycle Bin should work correctly.

Thank You. This doesn't make sense to me. I clicked on show hidden files & applied it. It didn't help. Then I tried your #1 idea. The recycled bin DID NOT show anything in it, BUT when I clicked on empty R. Bin, it showed 35 items. I deleted one more into the R.bin. I still couldn't see it. So I empty the R. Bin anyway and 36 were emptied. Then I deleted one more & it showed up in the R.Bin. Then I restored the folder option back to how it was (See first line=as a test).. I then deleted new items & they still show up. Why I couldn't see the items, I don't know. So it is working. Thank You very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back