Not open for further replies.
ok i have a dell dimension 3000 comp. here are the specs

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2009, 11:57:10
       Machine name: D6GTKN81
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
       System Model: Dimension 3000               
               BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz
             Memory: 254MB RAM
          Page File: 414MB used, 3826MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
     Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
        Chip type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
         DAC type: Internal
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02
   Display Memory: 96.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4363 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

i want to play games like cabal,rohan,ace online,World of warcraft and other mmo...im not into fps at all...thats what i have a ps3 for. my question is. should i just get1 or 2 gb of ram and a new pci gfx card?

or

Should i buy a new mobo and if i buy a new mobo should i buy a new cpu and Processor or keep my old ones (of corse i need to buy a new g card and ram stick if i buy the mobo) and can i keep my power supply and HDD.

i only have about 150 dollars. but maybe i might sell my psp if its worth it.

its so bad i'd say just build a new computer

sell your psp for 100 - 150 and hope to get around 300 bucks

use some parts from your dell and build a new one =] thats what i would say

i'd reccomend a

e5200 $72 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072

asus p5ql pro $60 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131329R

ram 2gb $21 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227124

gfx 9800gt $121 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500080

psu $25 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817709012

your total is around $178

just use your old case and etc [hopefully you have a sata hd]

also assuming you live in the us

and those are just some suggestions on parts, but anyways, if you can go find cheaper for those parts, go for it, but yeah, just showing you

have fun!

thank you for the advice. ru at least 90% shure this will let me play games and when it coes to the hard drive i might need to get that to what do u think of newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822135106

for wow im sure its fine

and at the budget your at, for sure

you will see a major boost in performance from the stuff your playing at atm

its not the best but for your needs, more than enough

wow is not a high end games anyways

1 more question. should i get a built in HD or an external HD cuz 34gb isn't gonna cut it :stickout: ;)

im leaning towards external but....my friend mentioned something about comp hanging.

if you're gonna spend more than $300 in upgrades - build a new system

well thats what im doing pretty much :stickout: imma get a new mobo and g card and processor and a new HD. imma keep my case of corse. basically ya im making a new one.

why u have any other suggestions?

I recommend going for the cheaper HD 4670 if you are not going to game at more than 1280x1024, and getting an Antec EA380 PSU instead of the Sunbeam one. Also, you can go for this mobo instead of the recommended one to save some more cash.

Either RAM kit is perfectly fine. OCZ and Corsair, along with Crucial, form the "Big Three" of the RAM world, so any kit you get from them is guaranteed to be of top-notch quality and reliability. Their customer support is also as good as their products.

I also suggest you go for this card instead of the 9800GT. It is about $25 cheaper and comes with free shipping. It also performs on par with the 9800GT. You can spend some of that extra cash on this PSU for a little more headroom.

Everything else looks great.

Either RAM kit is perfectly fine. OCZ and Corsair, along with Crucial, form the "Big Three" of the RAM world, so any kit you get from them is guaranteed to be of top-notch quality and reliability. Their customer support is also as good as their products.

I also suggest you go for this card instead of the 9800GT. It is about $25 cheaper and comes with free shipping. It also performs on par with the 9800GT. You can spend some of that extra cash on this PSU for a little more headroom.

Everything else looks great.

that gfx card looks good. but maybe i can try for a lil cheeper what do you think of

EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

only reason i ask about this one is cuz im not going to be playing halo or any fps...only mmorpg. and i dont relly have 300 dollers. so 270 bucks in total is good for me. relly want to stay around the 250 area but thats hard to do =] i dont have a job =p

half the mmos i want to play i can run (extremely laggy) on this pice of crap so why go over kill ya kno =]

the mobo provided and such are useless, the ram is useless, the cpu is useless, the psu is fail, and wtf is this case

what more do you want me to say

the mobo provided and such are useless, the ram is useless, the cpu is useless, the psu is fail, and wtf is this case

what more do you want me to say

lolers.
hmmm.....i just hope my case will fit the mobo lmao. this ting is so frekin old lol. and im not gonna spend an extra 100 dollers for a frekin case :dead:

LMAO JUST NOTICED I NEED A MOBO WITH A FREKING VGA D sub port!!!!

omg this is gonna be some serious rebuilds lmao

im problay annoying the crap out of u ppl. iv built a comp before with a friend but iv never updated a "case"(basically im updating a freaking case) but anything just to play my games...ill do anything...accept over spend =p

what do u think of Intel BOXDG31PR LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

For $250, you can get these parts instead of the ones recommended by hellokitty[hk]:
You can use the money you save on a new case. I recommend this one as a great choice.

Again, if your monitor's native\maximum resolution is not greater than 1280x1024 or 1440x900, you can get this card and save some more cash. it would also allow you to get the EA380 since this card is not as power-hungry as the 9800GT\HD 4830.

oh dayum where did you find the antec 300 for so cheap, do they ship to canada?

NVM it cost 118 to ship to canada, forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back