Dell hard drive password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've got problem with my Dell Lattitude X300 laptop. I bought it and the notebook has BIOS password protection. It's not critical, but I can't change any BIOS setting.

I've already tried latitude.exe tool, than DST software from paragon's pages (I don't rememder the exact name).
Moderator Edit:
Here's the free help link:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

Now I've tried also the scratching method. I found Atmel 24C256 chip on the board. But when I scratched almost every combination except vcc pin 8 and pin 1. And BIOS password is still there. Something happend because date/time has been reseted and Service and Owner tags have been deleted, but the password protection still remain.

There is not any thread where I can find something about X300. What can I do now?

search this forum for "dell bios password removal" and you will find plenty of info!!!:)

KDante said:
Hi, I've got problem with my Dell Lattitude X300 laptop. I bought it and the notebook has BIOS password protection. It's not critical, but I can't change any BIOS setting.

I've already tried latitude.exe tool, than DST software from paragon's pages (I don't rememder the exact name).

Now I've tried also the scratching method. I found Atmel 24C256 chip on the board. But when I scratched almost every combination except vcc pin 8 and pin 1. And BIOS password is still there. Something happend because date/time has been reseted and Service and Owner tags have been deleted, but the password protection still remain.

There is not any thread where I can find something about X300. What can I do now?
The 24LC256 is not the EEProm chip for the Passwords and Service Tags; it is for a built-in LAN chipset. A user sent me an image that is too large to send by emmail attachment,. The chip he succeeded with is on the board top about Upper Center and just to the left of four identical black chips in a vertical row. Also it is not scratching it is shorting

Paragon33 said:
The 24LC256 is not the EEProm chip for the Passwords and Service Tags; it is for a built-in LAN chipset. A user sent me an image that is too large to send by emmail attachment,. The chip he succeeded with is on the board top about Upper Center and just to the left of four identical black chips in a vertical row. Also it is not scratching it is shorting

Ok, I've read that a lot about Dell password recovery (I've been reading for several days :). Can you try to send me the picture to my email? You've got it on PM.

Hi Paragon33. The picture you've sended me, shows exactly the 24C256 chip. That is the one, I've already tried it.

But you told me: The chip he succeeded with is on the board top about Upper Center and just to the left of four identical black chips in a vertical row.

And I think that you are talking about some other chip, aren't you?

That was the pic the guy sent amd it may be wrong; also I was trying to describe the locatiom before sending the cropped picture. That 24LC256 has been the one Dell uses for the built-in LAN normally, so have a look around under the Hardware and any Insulation Sheets, as the chip used most often are a 24C04N or a 24LC16B

Paragon33 said:
That was the pic the guy sent amd it may be wrong; also I was trying to describe the locatiom before sending the cropped picture. That 24LC256 has been the one Dell uses for the built-in LAN normally, so have a look around under the Hardware and any Insulation Sheets, as the chip used most often are a 24C04N or a 24LC16B

I've got disassembled laptop in front of me and I can't find any other 24xxxx chip. Have the chip always started with 24xxxx or there can be also some other marking? The described location shoud be equals to the location in the picture?

Hi, I still did not succeed.

Paragon33. I didn't realize whather the described location is the same as the cropped picture. I still did not found any other 24xxxx chip on the board :(

Any new knowledge about that?
I can buy a X300 with a password protection.
The user forgot the password.
I´m thinking about buying this laptop and crack the password.

Does somebody have a exact location of the password chip on the X300?

remzibi said:
When on X300 you try 3 times wrong password - there will be 5 digit number , give me this number .

Hi remzibi

I have the same problem. My number is 14622

Can you advise what to do ?

Many thanks

Phil

Contact dell Tech support with that number they will require you to fax in proof of ownership of the system then they will be able to give you a over ride password.

lol guess where i work.

Thanks for that :)

Problem is, I bought it on ebay...

Edit: and in the end it was significantly "not as described", even apart from the locked BIOS. I have thought abut unlocking the BIOS and fixing the other issues, but I decided life is too short so back it goes.

Thanks for your thoughts anyway

No more ebay computers for me :)

Phil

Thank you !

Edit: that worked perfectly, many thanks again remzibi

I got into the BIOS OK, and it confirmed what I suspected: that the problems with this machine did not arise entirely from the BIOS settings.

Anyway, it is gone now, sent back to the supplier.

Mal Volio said:
Thank you !

Edit: that worked perfectly, many thanks again remzibi

I got into the BIOS OK, and it confirmed what I suspected: that the problems with this machine did not arise entirely from the BIOS settings.

Anyway, it is gone now, sent back to the supplier.

I am glad that pass works , it is pitty that laptop have problem .

For every one other with X300 or similar series or other brandt laptops I will help for some resonable donation .
Contact me PM .

X300 doesnt use an eeprom for password storage.
The password is stored on the flashprom.
You need to replace it.

There is a jumper for resetting password but it isnt connected to any part on the mainboard.

Pim said:
X300 doesnt use an eeprom for password storage.
The password is stored on the flashprom.
You need to replace it.

There is a jumper for resetting password but it isnt connected to any part on the mainboard.

Do you know something more? If there are pins for password reseting there maybe should be any possibilities...

Inspirion 6400

I have forgotten the password of bios Dell Inspirion 6400.
I shall be very grateful for any, if help to solve to me this problem.
Please help!

Mr. "fox23" , emails for you are returned , something wrong with your email box .
So this is you master password -
hfd42jp
Nice day .

D620 password

i have latitude d602
service tag hzgfbb1-595b
express code 39149204221
need help for admin password
let me know whit is resonable donation ?
my email email removed
remzibi said:
I am glad that pass works , it is pitty that laptop have problem .

For every one other with X300 or similar series or other brandt laptops I will help for some resonable donation .
Contact me PM .

I can help only with X300 or similar secured series or other brandt laptops .
The new dells coreduo protected by new security system are another story , but PM for them also .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back