Dell Inspiron 1300: Bad motherboard, but which motherboard do I order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay, so as the topic title implies, for the life of me, I cannot figure out which motherboard model I'm supposed to get for this Dell Inspiron 1300 here. Only info I have is that it has the Centrino sticker on the palm rest of the case, and I also have the service tag, but that doesn't seem to give me much information from what I've found.

I've taken the motherboard out of the thing and looked it over, but no luck, as I don't see the model number on it.

Will someone please tell me how I'm supposed to figure out the motherboard model number so I can get a new one?

I tried searching the tag number...
but then they're like "we can't narrow it down..."
I got the serial number off the motherboard (they hid the sticker real good... it's not supposed to be there... under the other sticker...) and I got the guy from the ebay store I was going to buy it from to give me the number on the one he had, it's the same one.

So I did eventually manage to find the board... took me a week and a half lol... then someone suggested I look under another sticker and there it was... (Who puts stickers on top of each other so one is half-covering the other? Dell I guess...)

You should be able to go to the Dell website and put in your PC model number and the site will tell you what mobo is in the PC. That works for my HP.

Since it is Dell, I believe you can only replace it with the same maker and model or else you will get locked out. I swapped mobos on this old HP P4 for one with an AGP slot and it worked only because I swapped for the same make and model.

"So I did eventually manage to find the board"...

teklord,
Doesn't this mean that pyromaster114 found his Dell motherboard?

I told him that for future reference so he doesn't have to hunt so much for specs on his PC.

I'm afraid that you can't compare how HP and Dell handles things. They are quite different, and I already told pyromaster114 to search by the service tag... that didn't work for him

then someone suggested I look under another sticker and there it was...

I think he is on the trail, just give him some time. You're right, the Dell website is not like HP's unfortunately. The service tag is a good lead, if he can put his PC back together again that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back