Dell Laptop CPU overspiking

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliemcallister

Hi everyone (and espec. kritius),

Having problems again with my Dell laptop - here's a link to my original thread.

The CPU is overclocking randomly, with the back of the laptop getting very hot. Often there are 65+ processes running, some of which I don't recognise (but don't know enough about to terminate).

I've attached a HJT log for you.

Cheers

View attachment 33132

hey your running way too many things i would get rid of mcafee its horrible and it drains your comptuer speed get avast its much better and very light. I would also use the dell support thing that comes with the computer and see if theres any problems with that then look for windows updates and check for dell updates.

Not yet got rid of McAfee - but will be doing soon when I have a look at Avast (is that AVG, because I'm running the free version already).

Did the Dell Support - but no real change, and Windows is updated. Got the additional old problem of multiple browser windows opening, and not being able to access my Task Manager.

Anyone got any help for this? My CPU is still occasionally hitting 100% for no reason, often when IE is open or sometimes entirely randomly. My start-up time seems to have got longer too - taking a few minutes before the laptop is usable.

Here's a more recent HJT report. It won't upload for some reason - but here it is as a hosted link

olliemcallister.log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back