Dell readies Latitude XT3 convertible notebook

Matthew DeCarlo

Dell is readying a new convertible notebook for professionals who fancy the novelty of a touchscreen tablet but are unwilling to sacrifice the functionality of a full-fledged keyboard and operating system. Announced in early February and originally spaced for launch last month, the Latitude XT3 should be approaching the finish line. An official release date and pricing still aren't available, but the system has finally received a product page on Dell's site.

Versatility is arguably a convertible notebook's finest asset, and the XT3 is no different. Dell claims the machine will be suitable for use in any level of light courtesy of daylight viewable and reduced glare 1366x768 LED-backlit touchscreen options. Again, alongside that touch input (accepts both pen and finger entries), you have a keyboard (standard or backlit) or high productivity sessions. Meanwhile, a docking station offers enhanced I/O options.

latitude xt3 dell

Core specs include Intel's QM67 Cougar Point mobile chipset, an Intel HD Graphics 3000 IGP, and a DVD burner. It's safe to assume Sandy Bridge processors will be offered, though specific models aren't mentioned. Unfortunately, the spec sheet is also quiet on potential discrete graphics options, system memory, and storage configurations. The Latitude XT3 measures 12.7 x 8.7 x 1.2in with a starting weight of 4.46lbs (depending on the battery).

Connectivity includes various WLAN, WWAN and GPS options, Bluetooth 3.0, gigabit Ethernet, an integrated HD webcam and microphone, three USB 2.0 ports including one eSATA combo (no mention of USB 3.0), VGA and HDMI-out, a memory card reader, a 34mm ExpressCard slot, a SmartCard reader and an optional Fingerprint reader. Dell will offer a typical 6-cell 44Wh battery alongside a 9-cell 76Wh extended unit and a 97Wh "slice" battery.

Permalink to story.

That's hilarious. Almost 6lbs for a "tablet" and over priced for a laptop.

Do this with an ultrabook and I'll be impressed.

Seems like Dell is late to the party again given that HP had convertible laptops for YEARS and years. I have a 3 yr old 2710p, 3.6 pounds, which can be bought on ebay for $120 or so with core 2 duo and pen based input. As for the new systems, for consumer market HP has the tm2t out for a couple of years, which supports multi-touch, pen and finger based input, and can be had for $700 when on sale with 500GB HD, Core i5, discrete graphics, etc...

Then for the pro systems, there is HP 2760p, which is about $1400, 3.8 pounds.

It's safe to assume Sandy Bridge processors will be offered, though specific models aren't mentioned

It HAS to be SB as you stated the following: "Intel HD Graphics 3000 IGP"

Back