Dell simplifies marketing strategy, kills Adamo brand

By Emil
Oct 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell's marketing strategy is changing: Inspiron, XPS, and Alienware will be the only core brands the company will use going forward. The restructuring will thus see the death of the Adamo premium brand, according to Engadget. The company has been silently cutting down production volumes of the thin notebooks, and while the original Adamo and the Adamo XPS will be killed off, similar products will be coming to the XPS line early next year.

Read the whole story
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

I hope they continue some form of slim model. The current slim adamos are VERY good looking computers...
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

The prices on the Adamo have dropped a lot. I was seeing 'sale' deals for $799 with an SSD drive.

I think what kills this computer is how unattractive a ULV CPU is to most people. It's truly a niche item. It would have had a chance if they put a full fledged CPU in it.
  4. Pretty smart move to kill off the brand adamo, I can honestly say I have never heard of it until right now. Now I haven't ever looked for a laptop but I have still heard of many other brands.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.