TechSpot

Deutsche Telekom: Windows Phone 7 sold excellently

By Emil
Jan 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Deutsche Telekom, the largest telecommunications company in Europe, has come out and voiced its thoughts on Windows Phone 7. The statements are in stark contrast to the negative comments made by LG last week.

Read the whole story
  2. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

Interesting, the following quote is from an article on Fudzilla a couple of days ago titled Windows Mobile 7 will upset the status quo.

Maybe the guys over at Ovem know what they're talking about.
  3. mados123

mados123 TS Rookie Posts: 17

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

The software is beast. With options like cut and paste that MS never had originally WP7 will definitely take off. I also think WP7 will be good when it targets the teen market, because of the xbox live integrated functionality.
  5. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

I haven't really toyed around with a modern Windows Phone, but I'm a lot more interested post release than I was pre-release.
  6. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Despite Microsoft's past stumbles in the mobile market, anyone who writes off Windows Phone 7 as not being able to compete in an Android-dominated market is seriously deluding himself. Microsoft can bring a tremendous amount of resources to bear now that they have decided to make fresh inroads into the market. I, for one, don't believe that it is a coincidence that their mobile and desktop operating systems share the same version number. Microsoft clearly wants their mobile OS to be as successful as it's desktop counterpart.
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I have the LG Quantum, and I can tell you right WP7 is solid OS. Scratch that, it's an amazing OS. Mainly because it's so different. And it's incredibly easy to use. The faster they update it, the faster it will get on top. If you doubt that last part, then you are delusional.
  8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Selling excellent in GERMANY, thats great but how are sales in the rest of the world? Look i admit that win7 phones have allot of potential but to think it will be competitve with 2 very well established operating systems like Android and iOS is, AT THIS STAGE IN TIME, even with all of MS resources, is pretty niave. Maybe in a few years, plus last i checked Google and Apple have substantial resources of their own

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.