Dialler connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

S'me again, does anybody there have the same problem as me, when dialling up?, frequently like 4 out of 5 times it either says "no dialling tone, make sure your modem is connected" or "invalid user name or password" plus yesterday a new one;- "Unable to open Outlook Express, your disc could be full [it's only 25% used] or...." etc., etc.
Is my server or BT at fault?, at first I checked for a loose modem connection, but now I just keep at it & [touch wood!] eventually it connects, & away I go.

Well you could check to make sure your modem is seated properly in your motherboard. If it is just 'barely' making that connection you could be getting these errors.

Try to reseat it, take it out and put it back in, and let me know if that fixes it.

It's a laptop, so does this solution apply?, I can only check each end of the modem link cable, & I've done that.
Thanks anyway.

Well if it is a laptop this is not necessarily possible for you to do unless it is a pcmcia modem, but I'm sure it is built into the laptop itself. I'm not sure of anything else to check, but hopefully someone else will come along with a good suggestion. Please be patient :)

Thanks poertner 1274, no, it's not pcmcia, perhaps one of the TS "gang" have another idea, although I can't see what.
I did try disconnecting & connecting both ends of the modem lead again, to make sure, but, as you know, those clips are either in or out.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back