TechSpot

Did I get a good deal on this processor?

By C_Conqueror
Jul 25, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently purchased a brand new athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer on ebay for $140 with shipping I don't know if I got a good deal or not on it. It has a processing speed of 2 ghz and L2 cache of 1 mb. Its model # is 6784321903 if you want to try to find more info on it. (I do know this an old core they don't make any more but does that matter.)

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

For the same money you could have bought the better, more modern Socket939 AMD64/3000-Venice core, including heatsink and fan AND a 3-year warranty.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537

Socket 754 is already getting long in the tooth. The price you paid seems fair.
    If you don't plan on top-gaming, it will still see you through many years of normal use.

3. C_Conqueror

C_Conqueror TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 217

if you are worried ablout me having to upgrade my motherboard next I get a new processor I won't have to. I bought a motherboard that has socket 754 and 939? :giddy:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.