Digital Storm offers Nvidia's 3D Vision Surround with desktops

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

If you're among the few gamers embracing 3D entertainment, you should know that Digital Storm is offering Nvidia's 3D Vision Surround with its desktop machines. When purchasing a gaming rig, you now have the option to include an Nvidia 3D Vision kit with various 3D displays, including tri-monitor setups for 5760x1080 visuals.

As you'd expect, Digital Storm offers dozens of recommended configurations as starting points and you can swap components to get your ideal configuration. Most if not all systems appear to have access to the same 3D monitors: a 22-inch ViewSonic, the 23-inch Asus VG236H, and the 23.6-inch GD235HZ -- but only the latter two are available in a set of three.

All of the mentioned displays appear to be reasonably priced for a boutique dealer. Three VG236Hs ship with the necessary glasses for $1,304, which is in tune with e-tailers' pricing. Naturally, the entire package is still pricier than building it yourself, but extras like lifetime tech support and factory overclocked parts will always come at a premium.

Permalink to story.

hello...

i thought would be more expensive, well it's the price of high end machines in MU.
the 3 monitors options seem cool, but do we really need this for gaming, like for SCII or some DIablo III !? LOL.

cheers!

this is clearly for people with money to waste, but a premium option for those who really want 3D i suppose. digital storm's prices are decent for what they offer, but the monitors alone will run you over $1300 retail. personally, i could care less about 3D gaming and I'm still using a single high def monitor for gaming. less than 1% of PC gamers don't use 3D monitors and don't have $3000-$4000+ to spend on a high-end gaming machine so I don't see too many of these packages being sold. i'm sorry but i can't justify spending that much on a single computer, no matter how nice it may be.

hello ...

I agree with you EXCellR8 ... most games don't even need that much, well for those looking for 3D on PC, seems alright. Well some people do spend a lot on their machines & as a console 'also' gamer i already spend too much on accessories so will stick to the required specs for Diablo III when it will be out & i'm sure my other games would work fine too.

cheers!

Back