Directory analyser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

I haven't been hit by a virus, trojan, or spyware. My System is a mess because I have 70GB of space spread over 3 partitions on two drives, and I haven't been doing my housekeeping.

My system drive is nearly full, and I only have about 3GB in total left on my other partitions. It runs ok, just about, but I don't have enough space to defragment it now, and I can't seem to find anything I want, when I want it. It's time for a cleanup!

I'm looking for a program, having seen one before, that gives me an explorer like view of my disks, but shows both numerically and graphically which folders use what amount of space, including the system ones ("system volume information", for example).

I can't remember what it was called ow though, and this is one of those rare occasions where I could really use it.

Is there a freeware/shareware program that anyone could recommend?

That's the phrase I was looking for. "file manager" lmao.

I don't really have much need for them. but on this occasion, I'd like to try to follow the trail and see where I've been hiding all the junk.

I have resolved the extremely low space on my system drive for now though by deleting a memory.dmp file of 500 MB

Ah! brillant! thanks.

I never seem to think about the google directory!

I'll get to work on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back