Disney launches its Galactic Starcruiser Hotel next spring with stays starting at $4,809

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Highly anticipated: For those familiar with the Star Trek experience (now defunct) at the Las Vegas Hilton, Disney World has taken the idea and spun it up to the next level. Its newest hotel is a luxury starcruiser in space. A two-night stay will immerse you in the Star Wars universe and allow you to LARP (live-action role play) out a Star Wars adventure.

Disney's long-awaited Star Wars hotel experience has a new name and grand opening window. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, as it is called, makes its debut next Spring, according to a teaser Disney Parks posted Wednesday (below).

The hotel is part of Walt Disney World's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction, but it is more than just a resort hotel. As we reported way back in 2017 when it was announced, the resort is an immersive experience that places guests in the Star Wars universe, complete with themed clothing, aliens and droids wandering about, and exotic cuisine.

Let's set the theme. You arrive at the resort terminal, where you board a shuttle that takes you to a galactic starcruiser called the Halcyon. It's a luxury-class vessel for civilian entertainment. There is music and entertainment throughout the two-day cruise through space. Guests can learn to play Sabacc and compete in a Sabacc tournament. Or they might take some lightsaber training. However, there will be "unexpected" moments where guests can participate in an interactive adventure that proceeds through their entire stay. Disney provided a couple of examples.

On the first day, you may have the opportunity to join a smuggling ring or help hide a stowaway working with the Resistance. On the second day, you may participate in a heist or arrange to steal a ship from the first order. Of course, participation is voluntary, but trust me, you're going to want to participate if only to justify the price of admission.

For a two-night stay for two people, the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser attraction will cost a minimum of $4,809. This price includes a standard cabin (suite available at a higher price), meals (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages), the interactive story missions, regalia (image above) and various other forms of entertainment.

Fortunately, Disney does give breaks for multiple voyagers. The price for a family of three is only about $500 more ($5,299), and for a family of four, a two-night stay is $5,999. Disney World posted all the details on its website for those interested in leaving Earth for a couple of days.

Permalink to story.

It will be interesting to see how this does over time. Perhaps a similar venture surrounding Star Trek, having failed, is a predictor of how well this will do?

IMO, anyone would have to be a complete Star Wars junkie to want to spend that kind of money on this - or - they would have to have enough money that they could afford to just blow that much on a vacation where you get to pretend you live in the Star Wars universe for a few days. I don't know, maybe it would be fun, but at that price, I can find other fun things to do with that kind of money.

It will be interesting to see how this does over time. Perhaps a similar venture surrounding Star Trek, having failed, is a predictor of how well this will do?

IMO, anyone would have to be a complete Star Wars junkie to want to spend that kind of money on this - or - they would have to have enough money that they could afford to just blow that much on a vacation where you get to pretend you live in the Star Wars universe for a few days. I don't know, maybe it would be fun, but at that price, I can find other fun things to do with that kind of money.

Problem is that most complete Star Wars junkies are probably not in the least bit inclined to give Disney that much money.

Problem is that most complete Star Wars junkies are probably not in the least bit inclined to give Disney that much money.
What I suspect will happen is that Disney will see a lot of action from the rich and famous for a while and then when things chill they'll drop the price significantly. It still will cost more than a nice hotel room but will be more affordable as a full two-day excursion.

Two night cruise is $4800???

I just prices Spring Break in Maldives, via Business Class flight from JFK to Doha to Maldives (with a week long Resort stay) and it came out to $4500 (per person)
It will be booked solid for months if not years. The type of people that would stay there wouldn't even blink at the price. If I were that into Star Wars I wouldn't have a problem dropping $4800, my only issue with it is they are holding you captive for two days and forcing you to be continuously immersed. I'd rather not be subjected to Star Wars for 2 days straight.

Princess Leia looks like she put on a few pounds.

But seriously, this will be nice for when the eviction moratorium expires. those people without a place to live can stop in for a few days.

"Of course, participation is voluntary, but trust me, you're going to want to participate if only to justify the price of admission."
So, Cal.... you're saying that paying $4,809 and up to participate in some fancy LARP for two days is justifiable?

"Fortunately, Disney does give breaks for multiple voyagers. The price for a family of three is only about $500 more ($5,299), and for a family of four, a two-night stay is $5,999. Disney World posted all the details on its website for those interested in leaving Earth for a couple of days."

OH! Thank our lucky stars for that! That makes it SOOO much better! It's like saying "Fortunately, if you fall from a 3rd-story window, you'll probably survive and only break your pelvis."

At the "fortunate" family rate of $3,000USD per day, I can just imagine what the Disney sales representative would be saying on the phone during the booking:
5is2xi.jpg

After reading this trash, NEVER AGAIN do I want to see another article on this site that complains about people having to pay upwards of $1,000 for a high-end video card or over $350USD for a CPU! That is how completely OUT OF TOUCH that Cal Jeffrey is with reality for over 99% of the global population. Cal Jeffrey has written this article as if Disney isn't trying to hose you with that horrifyingly astronomical price. If I had written this article, the headline would be:
"If you're looking for a new and terrible way to waste your money by giving it to a company that is notorious for underpaying and mistreating its employees, Disney's got the ultimate in cash-grab resorts for you!"

Last edited:
Two night cruise is $4800???

I just prices Spring Break in Maldives, via Business Class flight from JFK to Doha to Maldives (with a week long Resort stay) and it came out to $4500 (per person)
Like 75% of that is the cost of the flight. The Maldives itself is quite cheap. I go economy from the UK to scuba dive, usually for two weeks and it’s always costs about £5000 for two people all in, including daily diving. Pre pandemic of course. Currently I’d stay away from the Maldives, you take the risk of hotel quarantine that they will make you pay for and the conditions are horrible.

that Cal Jeffrey is with reality for over 99% of the global population. Cal Jeffrey has written this article as if Disney isn't trying to hose you with that horrifyingly astronomical price. If I had written this article, the headline would be:
"If you're looking for a new and terrible way to waste your money by giving it to a company that is notorious for underpaying and mistreating its employees, Disney's got the ultimate in cash-grab resorts for you!"
Here's the thing, @Cal Jeffrey isn't supposed to, or possibly isn't allowed to, inject his personal opinion into an article.

While it's true that most all reporting has bias, the best of it, lets the person judging the article, make that assessment on their own..

So, it's not Cal's job to make up our minds, simply to report the facts. After all that's why I come here, to put my spin on what I'm reading. We who comment are the judge and jury about the worth of topic and validity of any article.

You've obviously done so, in full measure, and I gave you a like for it, as I am in full agreement with you on those aspects

However, if Cal had put the fusillade of negative feelings into the article as you suggest, we might not have him to kick around anymore. 🤣 Capesh? (y) (Y)

Myself, and no doubt many other senior members have been offered the opportunity to join the writing staff. I demurred, due to the fact that I pretty much don't have any interest in many of the topics considered, "news" by the general membership. Not to mention my, "freedom of speech", would most definitely be "abridged", by the constraints of the news reportage format.

Thus, "if you decide to be staff, you are obligated to observe certain behavioural standards". My temperament and opinions are obviously much better suited to the role I occupy. ;)

Last edited:
Here's the thing, @Cal Jeffrey isn't supposed to, or possibly isn't allowed to, inject his personal opinion into an article.
Well, he did just that by inferring that LARPing justifies the price and using the word "Fortunately" when referring to the "Family Deal". That's why I went after him about it. If he had just been presenting the facts without expressing his own opinion (however subtly), then I wouldn't have used his name
You've obviously done so, in full measure, and I gave you a like for it, as I am in full agreement with you on those aspects
It is much appreciated as always. I have certainly come to respect your take on things.
However, if Cal had put the fusillade of negative feelings into the article as you suggest, we might not have him to kick around anymore. 🤣 Capesh? (y) (Y)
Such is the price of journalistic integrity, eh? Actually, it explains exactly why journalistic integrity has become an oxymoron like "Military Intelligence". "Corporate Logic" and "Common Sense". *nerd*
Myself, and no doubt many other senior members have been offered the opportunity to join the writing staff. I demurred, due to the fact that I pretty much don't have any interest in many of the topics considered, "news" by the general membership. Not to mention my, "freedom of speech", would most definitely be "abridged", by the constraints of the news reportage format.
I'm just too lazy. :laughing:
My temperament and opinions are much better suited to the role I occupy. ;)
I guess that makes us kinda like these guys, eh? ;):
TMS-Statler%26Waldorf-BalconyBox.jpg

If you were walking away from the experience with a high quality light saber or droid or something along those lines, I probably know more than a few people with the proper mix of disposable income and Star Wars fanaticism who would consider this. Not sure they'd fork out that much just to do a few days of scheduled LARPing, then get kicked to the curb with nothing but memories to cherish, though. Seems like, with that pricing scheme, it would be smart for the park to throw in at least one of the premium "build your own" workshop experiences too.

While it's true that most all reporting has bias, the best of it, lets the person judging the article, make that assessment on their own..

So, it's not Cal's job to make up our minds, simply to report the facts. After all that's why I come here, to put my spin on what I'm reading. We who comment are the judge and jury about the worth of topic and validity of any article.

Thus, "if you decide to be staff, you are obligated to observe certain behavioural standards". My temperament and opinions are obviously much better suited to the role I occupy. ;)

Well said.

Sure, I could have ranted and raved about what a ripoff this is and yada yada yada and then marked the piece Opinion and called it a day. I wasn't writing an opinion piece, though. I was simply writing about Disney's newest upcoming attraction. My use of the word "fortunately" was not connoting my favorable opinion, it was denoting the fortunate fact that instead of charging $9,618 for a family of four it is only charging $6,000—a $3,600 discount off their lower occupancy rate. So very fortunate indeed, for those affording such a trip.

I can't. I'm not in Disney's target demographic. A lot of people aren't, but I'm not going to sit here and say Disney has no right to charge whatever they want for their product/service. If its beancounters think that they can get $1,209/night/person for Star Wars themed rooms or $4,809 for the entire adventure package, good for them. Hell, if I were rich I'd drop that dough on the counter so fast it would even make the bellhop's head spin. But alas, I'm not in its target demographic, but I'm sure Disney has got their target audience nailed down. So, boohoo. I can't go. That fact is not going to cause me to rave on about it as if I have some right to stay at one of Disney's resorts.

Is it a cash grab? Hell, yeah it is. But isn't that what business is about? Name a company that sells a product or service for less that the maximum price that they think they can get for it—particularly at launch when demand is high. Go ahead. I'll wait… No I won't because the answer is obvious. Anything new and exciting is going to go through an initial period where the company milks it for every cent to recoup R&D costs. They are going to calculate, to the penny usually, precisely how much they can charge early adopters based on market research. And then that's what they charge whether the plebs like it or not.

I already previously commented on this above saying that once Disney has milked the rich and famous on this attraction, it will lower its price significantly. See that's what comments are for. I write an article and then later I can pipe in my two cent. There are exceptions. We are not completely restricted from injecting some opinion into articles, but I didn't feel it was necessary on this one. Disney has a new product/service, here's what it is, here's how much it costs, and look here, you even get a decent discount for multiple occupancy.

EDIT: Oh, and hey, who knows. Maybe Disney completely over shot the price and even the rich are going to say, NO DEAL! It happens—rarely, but it does happen. If that's the case we'll see a quick price drop, but my money is on Disney knowing what they can get.

@Cal Jeffrey Some 30 odd years ago, I bought this book about ILM's FX techniques:
https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Light-Magic-Special-Effects/dp/0345322630 I think the hard cover was $30.00 at the time. That's about as much as I'm willing, (or able) to commit to my fan-hood.

That's also about as much as I'm willing to spend to further explore the "Star Wars Universe"..Besides, beyond the visuals, it's a stereotypical good versus evil, space soap opera. And let's face it, wasn't Luke's attack on the "Death Star", simply a WWII adaptation of a fighter pilot flying through heavy AA fire, to "drop one down the smokestack", of a German battleship? "Exhaust emissions port", spare me.

I hated, nay verily loathed, those buns in Leia's hairdo. Not to mention I would almost swear to the fact that Luke and Leia "consummated" their relationship, before they found out they were siblings.

Even to my very minimal moral and ethical standards that's unacceptable, despite the fact it took place, "in a galaxy long ago, and far away". :rolleyes:

OTOH, you could throw just as many "Battlestar Galactica 'Sevens'" as you pleased my way, despite the fact that they were clones. (y) (Y)

Last edited:
@Cal Jeffrey Some 30 odd years ago, I bought this book about ILM's FX techniques:
https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Light-Magic-Special-Effects/dp/0345322630 I think the hard cover was $30.00 at the time. That's about as much as I'm willing, (or able) to commit to my fan-hood.

That's also about as much as I'm willing to spend to further explore the "Star Wars Universe"..Besides, beyond the visuals, it's a stereotypical good versus evil, space soap opera. And let's face it, wasn't Luke's attack on the "Death Star", simply a WWII adaptation of a fighter pilot flying through heavy AA fire, to "drop one down the smokestack", of a German battleship? "Exhaust emissions port", spare me.

I hated, nay verily loathed, those buns in Leia's hairdo. Not to mention I would almost swear to the fact that Luke and Leia "consummated" their relationship, before they found out they were siblings.

Even to my very minimal moral and ethical standards that's unacceptable, despite the fact it took place, "in a galaxy long ago, and far away". :rolleyes:

OTOH, you could throw just as many "Battlestar Galactica 'Sevens'" as you pleased my way, despite the fact that they were clones. (y) (Y)
HAHA! Now, it has been a long while since I've watched the trilogy, but I know there were no explicit indications that Luke and Leia consummated. And I also don't recall it ever being obviously implied. They did, however, kiss at least twice.

The first was the kiss for luck in Episode 4 when they had to swing across the bridge together to escape the stormtroopers. It was a quick light peck that you might give your sister if you hadn't seen her in a long time.

The second was in Episode 5. Han was being surly or something and annoying Leia. I can't really recall what they were arguing about—maybe something to do with the chemistry Han felt between them—in any case, to shut Han up she kisses Luke. That kiss was more like one you would give your wife—lingering.

Then I remember Luke folding his arms back behind his head and smirking at Han. That kiss was as close to implied consumption that I can recall, but I didn't read it that way. By that point, it seemed fairly clear that Han and Leia were going to be a thing. The semi-passionate kiss scene seemed to me to be Leia shooting down Han's ego, and and Luke just happened to be the only other homo sapiens in the room. If Lando had been there she very well might have kissed him.

@Cal Jeffrey Wow, with a memory like yours, who needs box sets.

The plot twist that Luke and Leia were siblings was not unexpected, perhaps even predictable. But, having a dirty mind, I always thought it was written mid-script, not at the outset.

Besides, that coupling couldn't be exposed while maintaining a PG-13 rating. ;)

In any event, all this led me to do some research on incestuous royal relationships. Apparently, "Game of Thrones" (as well as is real life),,is full of them.
I have 7 seasons of it in DVD, 6 1/2 of which are unwatched. (I didn't buy season 8, since nobody liked it, and as I understand it, the naked girl in the blonde wig with the dragons, didn't get the iron throne. Bah, humbug.

Somebody cooked up this GoT clip sample video to a "Within Temptation" song, "Let us Burn".

Correction: My perennial infatuation is with Cylon model #8, played by Grace Park. I always get her model number confused with "7 of 9", (Jerry Ryan), a far too buxom lass for my more subtle preference with respect to compound curves.

sv9jmfr9rpm51.jpg

Last edited:
Back