Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockwave

Hey guys,

I have been using HD4870 which worked perfectly, but yesterday I bought a HD5850 from a friend (who was using it just for few months) and suddenly I am seeing few glitches on my screen.

Here's a screen shot which explains it better:.

grahpicprob.jpg

I tested it whole night yesterday, even in game, and this problem showed only 20mins back. What could be the issue?

And since this problem is only 20mins old, I have only experienced it on websites (and not on my local computer browser) on both IE and firefox.

I am already on the latest ATI drivers.

My system config:

Q6600
IP35 Pro
HD5850 1 GB
2 x 2 GB RAM
WIndows XP X64

Please help me :(

TIA!

Is the video card getting enough power to run it and check if theres a power cable slot on the video card? Check to see if its in the right spot and that your mother supports pci-e x2.

The power supply I am using is HX620 .. so I think it's good enough. And yeah mobo should be compatiable since I was using HD4870 till yesterday without any problems.

By the way, I forgot to post the pic in my first post, updated it now.

The PSU is an excellent one. So no issues there I would suppose. I would say that you uninstall all ATI drivers / software from your system and then reinstall the card. Also just keep an eye on the temps in your system though I doubt the HD 5850 would get hot. If your issues are not resolved put the 4870 back in and see how that works. If it works fine then the card must be at fault.

OK since I posted this thread yesterday, things are back to normal. It's displaying normally.. but in case it shows up again I'll do try what ritvik said.

@dividebyzero: no overdrive is disabled.

So right now I am kinda testing it to see if it comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back