DMA driver error CRC error

Ok, you'd think these stupid error messages wouldn't exist anymore.
Oh but they do, and they suck.

I have been getting this error message for some time now, different messages for different software so I thought I'd use the most universal message as the thread title.

Running Windows 7, with a Sony DVD BUR SONY OPTIARC | AD-7261S-0B.

Try and Burn a DVD with Adobe Encore 4, ERROR.
Try and Burn a DVD with an image from Adobe Encore 4 using Nero 7, ERROR
Try and Burn a CD with music from Windows Media Player, ERROR

I take the drive out of the machine it is in, install it in another machine, try and burn the exact same stuff onto another CD using windows media player, and IT WORKS!

This leads me to believe it's not the drive, but something installed on the first and main machine I use to Burn DVDs/CDs.

Currently what I have installed is:
Adobe Master Collection 4
FreeRip 3.5
iTunes 10.3.1.55
Java 6 update 26
Lightscribe System Software 1.18.22.2(I personally think it may be this software that's causing the communication error)
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
Nero 7 Premium (7.03.1152)
Quicktime 7.69.80.9
Yahoo! BrowserPlus 2.9.8

Any help would be great, have been browsing forums for the last two days without success.

zychme

I have been getting this error message for some time now, different messages for different software so I thought I'd use the most universal message as the thread title.
HMM; the title "dma driver error ..." is not related at all to CD or DVD issues.
DMA is explained in this wiki

Then is it related to the software i'm using?

Which Nero I get the "DMA Driver error, CRC error" title.
With Encore I get something else, and with windows media player it just stops and says error.

But if it happens with 3 different kinds of software, is it any of those software?
Would another piece of software on my machine be hogging all the communication aspects of the drive, maybe lightscribe? I don't know.

use start->run->eventvwr.msc

and look for Warning and Errors under the System events.

the Nero msg "DMA Driver error, CRC error" is poorly worded at the very least.

using Google, search for Nero "DMA Driver error, CRC error"

Ran the Viewer.

It states the following:

"An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation."

Googled this line of text and found out that a removable device connected to the computer can throw errors for burning DVDs.

Removed the unessential devices (Scanners, printers, etc.) and tried burning again.

Encore threw the same error as before, it states the following:

"Encore was unable to complete the operation because of a hardware error (Sense Code 52102). Please contact hardware manufacturer for more information."

So at this time, i'm back to understanding how the event viewer error is interpreted.

Back