TechSpot

do dell computers support this hardware

By cmac
Sep 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im looking to add the pixelview play tv pro pci card to my dell desktop computer but i have heard that dell computers will tend to not support upgrades and other enhancements that are not a dell product. I was hoping to know if this problem had occurred with anyone else and if someone has already installed this product on their dell desktop.

- Please refrain from double posting
    Didou

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Well, Dell will not support it, but by this I mean if you call Tech support they might try to blame that card for whatever problem you have. Other than that, it will probably be fine unless you maxed the system out on options when you bought it.

Your specs in profile are a bit vague, if you'd post your specs or your service tag, I can tell you for sure whether your system would be able to support it as far as power requirements and such.

3. cmac

cmac TS Rookie Topic Starter

here is my power specs:

DC power supply:
    Wattage 250 W
    Heat dissipation 853 BTU (fully-loaded computer without monitor)
    Voltage
    (see page 7 for important
    voltage setting information)
    100 to 120 V at 60 Hz; 200 to 240 V at 50 Hz
    Backup battery 3-V CR2032 coin cell

4. cmac

ignore the page 7 thing i got this information from my drivers and utilities cd but if u need the voltage information then just say so and i can get it.

5. StormBringer

actually I just wanted your system specs(which drives and devices you have) and the size of PSU. That would help determine if you have enough power left to support the card.

6. cmac

ok well my service tag that you asked for earlyer is 9PZ8Y21

7. StormBringer

If the below information is still correct then yes you should be able to support that card.

8. cmac

Yes that’s all correct. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I’m going to go buy it asap.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.