Do I have a bad motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abowers22

I am trying to build a computer. I bought all new parts for this. After connecting everything, and I'm sure everything's connected right, the light on the motherboard comes on, but when I press the on/off switch on the front of the case, the fans try to turn on both the power supply and the motherboard. They only turn for about 2 seconds and that's it. Nothing else happens. I'm wondering if something was wrong with this board when I received it. Please help!

Reinstall the motherboard and this time take a look to make sure the motherboard isn't making any contact with case metal or the back I/O plate. If possible, it might be worth it to try another power supply out and see if that works. If those don't work, try reinstalling the CPU and RAM, maybe you didn't line the pins up correctly or not enough contacts are touching.

try turning the system on without any Ram memory inside, if it beeps your mobo is ok if not you got a problem, also try a different power supply, try reseating the spaghetti cable and the 12 v

I've had brand new CPU fan do this too (often)
Try unplugging the fan and turning on (just for a moment to test it)

new heatsink are already pasted
But I agree with you about the protective tab; I've done that before :(

Aftermarket heatsinks ARE NOT already pasted (at least mine wasn't).

But, you just carry on!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back