TechSpot

Do I need an AV/IS along with Malwarebytes?

By Reystar
Oct 24, 2012
  1. Hey guys!

As the title describes, I cant figure out if I need an AV or IS along with malware bytes pro !

Was thinking about Nod32 as it seems lightweight!

What you think?

2. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,283   +49

Yes, you would need an Internet security suite (best idea)...

Smart Security will be good, only that Nod32 is antivirus program.

3. Reystar

Reystar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

I can spend 60$ on an Internet Security Suite...which one you think shall I get?

4. Jay Pfoutz

I'm not a big advocate for antivirus software, only because it starts fights. But, if I do suggest anything, it would be Kaspersky PURE Total Security. However, this is over $70 I believe. But, if you haven't already gotten your Facebook free subscription to security software: https://www.facebook.com/security/app_360406100715618 then go for it! :)

In the AV Marketplace at Facebook, they offer Kaspersky PURE Total Security for free among others.

Otherwise, I would recommend Avast! Internet Security as an alternative. There is a $10 off sale going on right now.

Best of luck. :)

Be sure to keep your product key in a safe location.

5. Reystar

Wait, I can get all Security Softwares via Facebook for free? Free subscriptions? o.O

6. Jay Pfoutz

I wouldn't say all of them are free.

Once you do get a security product from the AV Marketplace, you can no longer get a free subscription to anything else. Those are the rules they have in place.

7. Reystar

Hmm Kaspersky Pure 2.0 Conflicts with Malwarebytes Pro. I'm trying to Install Kaspersky and it removes my Malwarebytes Pro lol

8. Jay Pfoutz

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.