Download of the Week: LookInMyPC

By Jos
Dec 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. LookInMyPC is a free tool for Windows that generates a complete, comprehensive profile of your system including information on everything from the hardware to connected peripherals, installed programs, networking information, running processes, and Registry run entries. Everything is presented in an easy to read manner through a browser window and many of the results are hyperlinked so you can quickly Google-search things you don't recognize.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,230   +314

Wow...that's pretty comprehensive. Thanks for the tip!
  3. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,568   +47

Hmmm.. Maybe TechSpot helpers will be asking for these reports in the future, or it might get added to some help step threads... It certainly looks like good software from my point of view.

Two thumbs up!
  4. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

Wow! That's another for the "Emergency USB Key". :p
  5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,988   +66

Seems like a reasonably good alternative of Belarc Advisor.
  6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 917   +26

Having tried it now, I have to say SIW (System Information for Windows) is better. It's a single interactive window (and can generate a report if you need) and doesn't create a bunch of directories and files on your thumb drive, and it looks like it can show more information. So I'll continue using SIW to check a PC's hardware and software and delete LookInMyPC.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.