Download of the Week: Yet Another Process Monitor

By Jos
Aug 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Windows versions since 3.0 have included a Task Manager utility to view running processes and (at least on the later versions) monitor a computer’s performance. Easily evoked by the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard combination, surely we’ve all found it to be a godsend on occasions when we need to kill a stuck application or resource hog process. But sometimes you just need more information and finer controls to make an accurate assessment on whether a process should be running or not and optimize memory use.

Read the whole story
  2. Used the YAPM good app.

Liking the TECHSPOT new to it, I will take out an account.

G'Day
    Corca
  3. How about ctrl+shift+esc? Jesus...
  4. Sysinternals, Process Monitor, Process Explorer and other tools are the best.
  5. Sysinternals tools are great, but not open source...

This one is open source. And provides remote monitoring, and I don't think sysinternals can do that...

BTW, nice app
  6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +62

i cant find the jesus button on mine
  7. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

I think that is one of the Ultimate Extras.
  8. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +62

Divine OS

:haha: thats why Vista Ultimate was so much
  9. This tools created with Visual Studio required a recent operating system with latest Microsoft .NET runtime.
    Readme.txt file, I can read:
    "REQUIREMENTS
    YAPM runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista or even Windows Seven systems (32 bits only)."

What is the minimum configuration?
    XP service pack?
    Runtime .NET version ?
  10. It requires :
    - .Net framework 2.0 SP1 (or above)
    - Windows XP (tested successfully on SP2 and SP3) or Windows Vista (tested successfully on SP0 and SP1) or Windows Seven RC0 (could not test on another version)

Only 32 bits for now, but the 64 bits version is coming in 1 or 2 weeks

Concerning hardware conf, nothing specific is required but a decent conf (i.e. more than 128MB of memory...)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.