Downloaded something bad help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton2510

alright so i would say i am pretty computer literate at least for 16 you put me in my whole high school i would pry be second best, here is my HJT file i cant find nothing but i can tell you my problem the quick launch bar is messed up i open it an nothing is there it opens but just lines come and regedit says its in use by another program and task manager wont open

View attachment 32453

Clear these three items in HJT and rescan:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3745D43B-4A84-485D-8EE9-BC6D0401DBF6} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUkIBqR.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4F96CCB9-01EC-419E-AAEA-C2C913F2A236} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\byXRkIYS.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: byXRkIYS - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\byXRkIYS.dll

If they are still present, then download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and while you are there grab the RogueRemoverFree as well. FileASSASSIN is under More Tools in Anti-Malware, and can actually delete the files while in use. Run that if the files wont delete or keep showing up in HJT. Make sure you update MalwareBytes before you do a full scan

ok so im scanning with that right now and its scanning the file C:/documents and setting/dalton/!/ and after that last slash its like a bunch of files i dont even have that its scanning like ive seen movies i dont even have cloverfield and simpsons **** whats up with that and when i scan with AVG it stops at the file C:/documents and setting/dalton/!/*.* i dont have a file or folder called ! in my documents and setting/dalton folder even with hidden files shown

alright so im pretty sure all the viruses are gone but AVG still wont scan when it hits that file and the C:/documents and settings/dalton/!/ has a bunch of moveies and tv shows thats all it is there all .avi i would say it scans around 35000 files in this folder but its not accually there scratch the no virus AVG found another when i was typing this

Dalton2510 said:
alright so im pretty sure all the viruses are gone but AVG still wont scan when it hits that file and the C:/documents and settings/dalton/!/ has a bunch of moveies and tv shows thats all it is there all .avi i would say it scans around 35000 files in this folder but its not accually there scratch the no virus AVG found another when i was typing this
That sounds like you've used bittorrent/limewire, downloaded and run a virus through it. Some viruses will share these fake files over torrent and file sharing networks to mislead users. Those files are probably hidden, make sure you are viewing hidden files and system files in your options.

i i do have hidden files shown but it still doesnt show up i went to run and typed the file name and ran it it popued up with 39989 movie files that were 39 kb each i deleted them all but i still get a trojan horse virus every now and then why doesnt avg or this malware thing find these

Too bad that was almost 2 months ago, the poor guy had vundo and they tell him to fix a few entries and scan with 1 AS product

If the OP comes back post a log in the security section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back