Downloading Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanka_safc

Hi, my machine seems to run fine when I am on the Internet but as soon as I load up any torrent client within an hour it freezes my machine completely to a stage where I need to turn the computer off by the power button. I have got Sky Broadband (upto 12mb connection) and a D-Link DWL-122 wireless adapter. Do I need to change some settings within my router? If I was to use a wired connection would it make any difference. I would try this but I need to buy a 20metre cable. Thanks.

1. Many cable providers such as comcast are not only installing technology to defeat P2P software, but also are now having contracts where it is forbidden by users as it sucks up too much bandwidth.

2. P2P software is inherently dangerous due to viri and trojans on unprotected systems. This is foolish and risky computer behavior.

If rebooting the machine gets the system started again, then you're probably using all the available RAM. Rebooting restores the RAM. Doing an hours work of P2P is probably more than enough to use it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back