TechSpot

Dragon Age II gets high-res texture patch for PC

By Matthew
Mar 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Dragon Age 2 is officially launched in North America today and BioWare has decided to celebrate its arrival with a little treat for PC gamers. Folks playing the sequel on a well-specced machine can download a high-resolution texture patch that adds an option to enable higher detail replacements for most textures in the game. We haven't seen a before and after comparison, but BioWare says the enhanced visuals are especially noticeable on level art.

Read the whole story

2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Wow. Maybe a certain other developer should put more than 1 texture set in their games. Nice to know that bioware is making some effort to make a good PC game unlike the other unnamed developer.

3. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +12

For those who are in the USA and Pre-Ordered the game through Steam, is it already playable? I'm in South America and its still locked... (I know this has nothing to do with the topic above) :(

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

I preordered it through Amazon's digital service and it's playable for whatever that's worth. No idea about Steam.

5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Expect to find an even higher resolution version on modding sites within the next few months

6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

The game according to Bioware has been regionally locked, so even if you have a copy from say retail and installed it you wont be able to play until the game officially launches in your region and can validate with their servers from my understanding.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.