Dragon Age: Origins low fps and lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwarriorx

hi,
i'm having low fps and kind of lags while playing it.fun thing is that it happens on low settings as well.my video card drivers are up to date.i own dell xps 430 desktop system with next specs:
motherboard:dell's one
ram:4gb
proc:guad core 8300 2.5 mhz
video:ati hd 4850 with 512 mb

P.S
the same problem keeps arising at most of high end games.

Any suggestions,what it might caused by?

That's a good system.
Did it do this before?

Did you try downgrading the drivers?
well,happy days started the week after i got the system delivered from dell.things got a bit fixed after i updated video drivers, but just a bit...
what do you mean?

try using driver sweeper and clean all the video drivers then install the latest video drivers from ati.com . i can play this game at max settings with a 4850 512mb so i know there is a conflict somewhere.

try using driver sweeper and clean all the video drivers then install the latest video drivers from ati.com . i can play this game at max settings with a 4850 512mb so i know there is a conflict somewhere.
well,the game is playable on max settings here as well but the fps is really low.
i'm just wondering if dell's junky mobo could possibly affect video card performance?

me bro has analog system but custom built one.he plays the game and other high-end one on max settings with high fps all the time.

well,the game is playable on max settings here as well but the fps is really low.
i'm just wondering if dell's junky mobo could possibly affect video card performance?

It could be the motherboard...
Maybe the graphics card is weak
Driver performance.......(NVidia cards had driver related performance issues :p)

you guys love nvidia cards versus cards that perform the same for less money lol imo if your going to pay for a gts 250 might as well buy the 4870 for like $15 more.

you guys love nvidia cards versus cards that perform the same for less money lol imo if your going to pay for a gts 250 might as well buy the 4870 for like $15 more.
well,some people are not exactly impressed by ati performance....
i'm one of them for example.

lol you are not impressed because you are biased to nvidia ati cards are cheaper and perform as good or better than there nvidia counter parts. trust me i used to only use nvidia cards then i bought the ati 4850 one of the best cards i have ever owned hands down.

"you are biased to nvidia ati cards are cheaper and perform as good or better than there nvidia counter parts"...

klepto12,
Todays ATI card might compare in the higher end market with Nvidia's cards now. Just a couple years ago, Nvidia was so far ahead. Why do you think AMD bought them out. ATI's drivers are crap as Nvidias were years ago. I used ATI cards 10 years ago. I have used Nvidia for the last 2 years. I am one that likes Intel over AMD

lol dont make me laugh ati's drivers are far better than nvidia right now i mean hell atleast ati actually releases drivers every month vs nvidia. also the only real series of cards from nvidia that were really great were the 8000 series vs ati otherwise they have been close i would put my 4850 up against your 9600gt any day lol.

Start laughing Klepto12, Nvidia had working drivers for the beta version of Windows 7 all the way up to its release last month. AMD drivers were and are poor for Windows 7. You are still using Windows 7 RC and you have an Asus motherboard... and you live in Arkansas. You poor fella

lol i have windows 7 ultimate retail edition you fool and secondly i have used windows 7 since the beta with ati driver with no problems at all and yes i have an asus mb look at your crap mb and laugh at me my system would stomp yours in gaming so ha anyway yeah i live in arkansas big woop get over your self and your crap nvidia drivers oh and btw which company has dx 11 oh yeah its ATi not nvidia

I see you have updated your profile now. Good job. This all comes down to personal preference. No matter what your opinion is, us Nvidia users are unmoved by it

i think it's an issue with my motherboard.i advised with some tech guy,who's been assembling and selling gaming system for years.he told me that it's not me GPU's faulty but some other part of hardware,which is probably motherboard.well,another negative credit goes to dell morons.

Well tmagic either way it goes we both have what we like and thats all that matters. I however would like to apologise for being the way i was during my previouse posts. we are here to help people not argue amung ourselves sorry for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back