Drive Image 2002 - Missing Destination Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Drive Image 2002 on a computer running Windows 98SE. When "Creating Image" and "Select Drive" to image both C: and D: (both partitions are on the same physical hard disk drive) are available and I select C:. When I then go to "Select Destination", D: is not even on the list though it has more than enough free space for the image. The D: partition is not hidden, it shows up in windows Explorer and as I said in the "Select Drive" windows. Why can't I see drive D: in the Destination window? What must I do to make it available? TIA RJB

Is the destination partition FAT16 or FAT32? You can only write a drive image to those partition types as far as I am aware.

Try using the drive image boot disks to create your image. As you already said, the destinations should show up. Try using the 'browse' button to select the destination. If you are still having problems then please provide more info on your partition configurations (e.g. is the destination formatted, etc.).

Phantasm66 and Nic, thanks to both of you for your responses. Life got in the way and I am just now having time to respond.

Both partitions are FAT32. Nic had the right suggestion (the second partition was available as a destination when the computer was booted from the DOS “Rescue Disks” and I was able to be create an image) though it doesn’t resolve why this is not working in the Windows version of Drive Image 2002. Anyway ideas about why the second partition is not visible as a destination in the Windows version of Drive Image 2002 and what I can do about it.

TIA RJB

Drive Image 2002 works fine for me (in windows) as I used it to create 3 partitions on one of my drives. I can also select any destination partition for an image without problem. Maybe you need to re-install. No other ideas unfortunately. Try looking on the powerquest website to see if other users have had the same problem.:cool:

I never found the powerquest site available; support was referred to Norton, who discontinued support. I converted the drive and defragmented, and located all fragments individually. Now I just don't know what to do since it is NTFS. Everything is working fine, but I saw an image of a D:drive file. I'm just not that computer savy. It was D something AOL file.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back