Drives application error Windows popup

Hi,
I keep getting a drivesApplication error popup at a regular frequency. I haven't seen any negative impacts but it can get frustrating when you keep seeing these popups that you need to close.
I am on Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

The popup reads :
"drives Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

On clicking on the error report (that it sends to Microsoft) : I see :
Error signature :
szAppName : LDdrives.exe szAppVer : 9.0.0.473 szModName : msvcr90.dll
szModVer : 9.0.30729.4148 offset : 00036d36

Please help to get this resolved.

Thanks

most people would say you have an infection with the Lddrives.exe virus. try your luck in the malware forum https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html unless you have LANdesk installed ?

Please do not try any of the many "fix your ldDrives.exe errors" found on the net, they could be an easy way to get really infected.

Hi gbhall,
Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have LANDesk installed. Is that the root cause?
What can I do to fix it ?

Thanks,

IDK for sure, but here's a guess
Error signature :
szAppName : LDdrives.exe szAppVer : 9.0.0.473 szModName : msvcr90.dll
szModVer : 9.0.30729.4148 offset : 00036d36
Module name: msvcr90.dll is part of the C++ library

That can be caused when the right C++ library is not found but i'm assuming you didn't uninstall any of the C++ libraries. BUT i also googled LanDesk C++ and found a very recent thread HERE about a recent bug in LanDesk where it doesn't look for C++ libraries correctly.

It also mentions a very recent patch. So you might check LanDesk and make sure all recent patches installed

/* edit */
p.s./fyi that thread's references to vcredist_x86_2k8sp1.2 and vcredist_x86_2k5sp1.2 are references to C++ libraries

Fixed

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I managed to get the issue resolved. I had to remove the LANDesk installation and re-install it and then the popup disappeared.

Thanks,

Back