TechSpot

Dropbox acquires recently-launched Mailbox app

By Jos
Mar 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. After a few months building up hype with promises to revolutionize email, Mailbox finally launched its streamlined Gmail client for the iPhone last month, along a waiting line mechanism that quickly became absurdly long. They’re not even done letting everyone...

Read more

2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

That looks like an experience Apple should have been responsible for... I never thought email could look so fun. Maybe it was the soundtrack. :)

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

I hope this doesnt freaking become like Sparrow being bought by Google, they saw an app that was amazing, purchased the company, then ended its life. This is my favorite mail app, and if it faces the same fate as Sparrow, I dont know what I will do.... Dropbox has good plans for it, while google said they will implement it into Gmail and kill it.

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Just FYI: The link to the Dropbox client actually redirects to the Virtualbox download page.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.