Dual boot, two displays, two instances of FFXI

P4PC

Hi, i'm trying to hook up 2 displays to my pc and somhow boot two windows so i can play ffxi on two different screens can i do this?

If you can't run two copies of the game in one instance of Windows, it's probably easiest to run the second copy of FFXI in a virtual machine. They're easy to set up. I recommend VMware Player (free), but VirtualBox is popular too (also free).

Yes, I can windower program allows it. But that is besides the point, I want to know how can i setup to monitors on my desktop running either two different windows or two different copys of a game for this case ffxi

I figured out how to do this. It's actually quite simple, I am running two windows of ffxi on two different monitors pluged into same pc with 2 controllers working. didn't need anything but my brain. Thank you guys anyways.

Windows 7: Bring up screen resolution, under there you will see mutiple displays you will have 4 options select extend these displays.

Yeah, but the way you explained it I thought you were trying to say you figured out how to run two copies of Windows OS on one machine at the same time.

I knew that wasn't right, but I just wanted to verify....

Yeah, but the way you explained it I thought you were trying to say you figured out how to run two copies of Windows OS on one machine at the same time.

I knew that wasn't right, but I just wanted to verify....

Oh nope, what I said is that I manage to run two ffxi windows (windower mode) instancely one on main monitor another on 2nd monitor. I looked around and forums everyone was saying you can't, you need to use alt+tab, bot or pc+xbox or ps2. I even got 2 xbox 360 controller to work perfectly. this leaves my xbox free from ffxi and i can run two characters in ffxi now instead of ffxi on xbox and ffxi on pc.

Back