TechSpot

Dual boot, two displays, two instances of FFXI

By P4PC
Jan 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, i'm trying to hook up 2 displays to my pc and somhow boot two windows so i can play ffxi on two different screens can i do this?

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

If you can't run two copies of the game in one instance of Windows, it's probably easiest to run the second copy of FFXI in a virtual machine. They're easy to set up. I recommend VMware Player (free), but VirtualBox is popular too (also free).

3. P4PC

P4PC TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 71

Yes, I can windower program allows it. But that is besides the point, I want to know how can i setup to monitors on my desktop running either two different windows or two different copys of a game for this case ffxi

4. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 432

Second computer or fullscreen VM.

5. P4PC

I figured out how to do this. It's actually quite simple, I am running two windows of ffxi on two different monitors pluged into same pc with 2 controllers working. didn't need anything but my brain. Thank you guys anyways.

6. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

P4PC, can you explain -how- you did this?

I would really like to know.....

7. P4PC

Windows 7: Bring up screen resolution, under there you will see mutiple displays you will have 4 options select extend these displays.

8. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Yeah, but the way you explained it I thought you were trying to say you figured out how to run two copies of Windows OS on one machine at the same time.

I knew that wasn't right, but I just wanted to verify....

9. P4PC

Oh nope, what I said is that I manage to run two ffxi windows (windower mode) instancely one on main monitor another on 2nd monitor. I looked around and forums everyone was saying you can't, you need to use alt+tab, bot or pc+xbox or ps2. I even got 2 xbox 360 controller to work perfectly. this leaves my xbox free from ffxi and i can run two characters in ffxi now instead of ffxi on xbox and ffxi on pc.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.