Duke Nukem Forever gameplay demoed live

Emil

Staff

The eternal wait for Duke Nukem Forever is somehow slowly drawing to a close. Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford is taking Duke Nukem Forever on a world tour, as reported by Kotaku. His first international stop is the Firstlook gaming convention in Amsterdam, where the Dutch got a sneak peek at Duke Nukem Forever. The live demo was played on the Xbox 360, but the game is also slated to arrive on the PS3 and PC. Pitchford offered a blow-by-blow description of what's happening on screen that makes you wish you had attended.

Don't despair though, as many Dutch gamers brought high-definition cameras with them and posted videos online of our action hero. Duke starts off at a urinal, but we promise it gets better from there (the game is full of action mixed with comic relief).

Gearbox Software has been working on resurrecting the Duke Nuke Forever project for quite a while now; prior to last year the game had been largely classified as infinitely delayed. Now we have gameplay videos, however, and the game is set for release in 2011. Both single player and multiplayer modes have been confirmed.

Permalink to story.

When I see it in the shops THEN I will believe and not one second before.

DN4Ever has taken me down the garden path too many times to believe this without many doubts.

Will not be surprised if this is just a way to boost Borderlands sales before becoming vapourware again.

Guest said:
Will not be surprised if this is just a way to boost Borderlands sales before becoming vapourware again.

That would be the stupidest PR move I've seen in recent times. These guys don't strike me as stupid.

That looks friggin brilliant, really looking forward but that announcer is annoying, less talk and more Duke! =P

Near the end when it came out of the 'game in a game' hahaha, those two 'babes' are hot =)

EXCellR8 said:
I enjoy how they demo all these games on the inferior 360!

doesn't really matter which platform they run it on lol. it's just an example of the gameplay and not a tech demo.

Not always true actually, they do normally use the platform that has the better looking graphics or is in the most complete state.

This makes sense considering the extra work needed to make it run nicely on a ps3.

Also to note, how do we know it's not just an xbox controller plugged into a computer?

Back