TechSpot

Duke Nukem Forever gameplay demoed live

By Emil
Oct 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. The eternal wait for Duke Nukem Forever is somehow slowly drawing to a close. Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford is taking Duke Nukem Forever on a world tour, as reported by Kotaku. His first international stop is the Firstlook gaming convention in Amsterdam, where the Dutch got a sneak peek at Duke Nukem Forever. The live demo was played on the Xbox 360, but the game is also slated to arrive on the PS3 and PC. Pitchford offered a blow-by-blow description of what's happening on screen th...

Read the whole story

2. Suddenly missing Playstation Days. :)

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

lol eyeball kick

4. When I see it in the shops THEN I will believe and not one second before.

DN4Ever has taken me down the garden path too many times to believe this without many doubts.

Will not be surprised if this is just a way to boost Borderlands sales before becoming vapourware again.

5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

That would be the stupidest PR move I've seen in recent times. These guys don't strike me as stupid.

6. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

That looks friggin brilliant, really looking forward but that announcer is annoying, less talk and more Duke! =P

Near the end when it came out of the 'game in a game' hahaha, those two 'babes' are hot =)

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Duke clearly knows how to game the right way.

8. Mike

Mike TS Rookie

Most professional PR event ever.

9. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

I enjoy how they demo all these games on the inferior 360!

10. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

doesn't really matter which platform they run it on lol. it's just an example of the gameplay and not a tech demo.

11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +683

Not always true actually, they do normally use the platform that has the better looking graphics or is in the most complete state.

This makes sense considering the extra work needed to make it run nicely on a ps3.

Also to note, how do we know it's not just an xbox controller plugged into a computer?

12. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,106   +97

I'd love to see this on PC! DNF looks AMAZING!

13. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

It's coming for the PC :)

14. jimmyconway

jimmyconway TS Rookie

wtf hes drawing a giant ****