Duke Nukem Forever GPU & CPU Performance

I'm still enjoying the game, I also hope for some patches to help smooth things out in the near future graphically as well as free new content such as maps and single player that they did not have time to put in. Hopefully this game with draw in enough cheddar to fuel a DNF 2, with modern graphics.

By the way why the heck don't I ever see my nvidia 275 card on these lists?

Ed. note: The reader really has no idea this is not a review of the game but of its performance and GPU/CPU requirements.

After reading this dribble I have come to only one conclusion and that is the OP has nether played DNF or went though the hole game with his eyes closed. It is the worst review of any game I have seen on TechSpot ever. It is clear that TechSpot no longer has any idea what a good games or what it takes to review a good game!

A brief comment on the game was made. It wasn't a full review. Previous "Guest", you're making broad generalizations that are just as open to criticism.

Guest said:
After reading this dribble I have come to only one conclusion and that is the OP has nether played DNF or went though the hole game with his eyes closed. It is the worst review of any game I have seen on TechSpot ever. It is clear that TechSpot no longer has any idea what a good games or what it takes to review a good game!

It reviews the performance on our pcs which is what we want the most

fter reading this dribble I have come to only one conclusion and that is the OP has nether played DNF or went though the hole game with his eyes closed. It is the worst review of any game I have seen on TechSpot ever. It is clear that TechSpot no longer has any idea what a good games or what it takes to review a good game!

I WILL AGREE WITH THAT COMMENT.

Techspot guys never were teenagers.They evolved from children to bumbasses.

Duke Nuke is a tradermark and for those of you who excpect Ultimate Graphics and super quality framerates just try another game, because it isn;t for you.

It's like comparing Pepsi to Coca Cola.

For god shake wake up!!!

Why is this a featured article when we already know the game flat out sucks? To clear things up, good frame rates mean nothing when the graphics suck. I don't care if I have 500 fps if the edges of things look like combs or razor blades.

I read TS a lot and don't post much but have come to the conclusion that the previous "guest" comments ripping the author and the website are paid DNF advertising trolls with nothing to offer other than "the game is awesome and you have no clue what a real game is so you suck". I guess all the other websites and reviewers are clueless as well for ripping the game? Face it, a bad game is a bad game.

"I WILL AGREE WITH THAT COMMENT.

Techspot guys never were teenagers.They evolved from children to bumbasses."

Wow...

"Duke Nuke is a tradermark and for those of you who excpect Ultimate Graphics and super quality framerates just try another game, because it isn;t for you."

Again...just...Wow...

It's like comparing Pepsi to Coca Cola.

*facepalm* Wow...

For god shake wake up!!! "

OK..Im calling for an intervention. Someone has to let this person know the dangers of using Meth anally.

Wow Guests, if you are gonna bash us then atleast please take the time to figure out that this is not a review of the game but a performance article, showing what hardware is required to play the game at good framerates.

I'm a die hard Duke3D fan, I still play it to this day.
I preordered DNF around '97 or '98, that store went bust so I preordered it again last week and got it on the release date in Europe, Friday the 10:th

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in the other DNF newspost: https://www.techspot.com/news/44228-duke-nukem-forever-reviews-are-in-the-game-sucks.html

Per Hansson said:
I have not played through the whole game yet, I'm about 4 hours in.
I got it the 10:th since I live in Europe...

So far the 2-Weapon system really degraded this game for me, it sure feels surreal they give the reason "realism" for console-ifying the weapon system of Duk3D, being able to choose at any time what to kill your enemies with is allot of what makes Duke3D fun.

Then the regen health system really ticks me off too, what's that about realism you just said?
Finally we can only carry 5 rockets for the RPG, and it's quite useless too.
But whenever there is a boss battle there is anyway an "infinite ammo crate" nearby, why do I have to get out of battle to find my ammo crate after firing 5 rockets (getting me out of the action, which is precisley the reason given for the auto regen health system to begin with)

Duke3D had none of these issues
And worst of all it is just like Crysis 2 a phonebooth shooter, this old pic describes it way better than I can with words: https://www.techspot.com/gallery/fragfest26-gaming-in-general/p4078-fps-map-design-these-days.html

But hey, don't just take my and Stevens word for it, go read some reviews:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/duke-nukem-forever
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/duke-nukem-forever
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/duke-nukem-forever

I wonder if they were somehow legally obligated to make the game run on computers that were around the time that the game was first announced.

Guests number 1 and 3 are exactly why we hate guests, lol.

@Guest number 1: Come on, this is a PERFORMANCE review. Did you not this line from the beginning of the article? "But as usual this review is less about DNF's gameplay and more about showing you how the game runs on a broad spectrum of today's (and yesterday's) PC hardware."

@Guest number 3: Just because it's DN doesn't mean it has to be bad graphically. We are in a time when there is really no excuse for terrible frame rates and bad graphics.

Changing the subject, this game has been all over the news lately...in a bad way, lol. I haven't seen so much outrage from parents since the GTA series took off :p

gwailo247 said:
I wonder if they were somehow legally obligated to make the game run on computers that were around the time that the game was first announced.

Classic!

I will still pick it up when it is less than $10 on steam. Buying games on sale is like watching a movie on TV you would be pissed off paying full price at a theater but when it's late at night and there is nothing on your entertainment quota is sub par at best.

:) Nice find MilwaukeeMike, thanks for sharing.

Guest said:

After reading this drivel I have come to only one conclusion: you don't understand the point of our performance reviews.

Related: A solid performance review. I was kinda shocked to see just how EASY this game is to run. I can't believe that it's been nearly 12 years and it's only about as graphically advanced as Doom 3. I can understand trying to go for the look that gives nostalgia, but as a lot of people have said... come on. It's 2011. We have directX 11.

To the guests: I agree with that line in the final thoughts section. This game would've been excellent if it were released about 7 years ago along side Doom 3. If it had, this game would be fantastic. But because of how late to the party this game is, it feels lame. Yeah, it's Duke and he's his usual self. But there's nothing new, or innovative, or clever, or novel about this game. This game is pretty much a Halo clone but in the Duke universe.

If Ferrari made a terrible car (and they have), would you still buy it because it was a Ferrari? No. It's a terrible car. Why buy it if it sucks? And this is a terrible Duke Nukem game. You're not staring Duke in the face when you say it sucks. Don't be scared you're gonna somehow offend him or something.

Gearbox, you could've done better. 3dRealms, you should've finished it yourselves, and finished it on time. Guests, you could look at it this game more objectively than you have. It's certainly not worth 50 dollars. As the writer said, it's for the die-hard fans or for people who have never played as Duke before.

Alice: Madness Returns benchmarks please!!! with PhysX CPU option for non-NVIDIA cards!!!

You are correct Duke Nukem Forever is the worst Duke game to ever come out. I have all the Duke games including the original shareware version. If we waited 13 years for this and its the best they could do then the gaming world is in trouble and Duke is dead. 3D Realms imporved the Duke series each time they released a new one, obviously a 12 year old created this game. What a waste of money. It only accepts an XBOX 360 controller unfortunately it won't plug into my computer. And using a keyboard and mouse is a joke. Duke games have always been the best in my book but not anymore. And 2K games is also a joke.

How exactly did you run this benchmark? There isn't an in-game demo benchmark is there?

Back