Dxdiag tool, D3D DX7 is spinning choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Using a PCI 2400 HD Pro, Visiontek. For the past few mins i am install different drivers, trying to fix this issue, but when i run the direct3d test, Direct 7 is slow and the cube is removing choppy and terrible at times, but D3D8 and D3D9 is running just fine and smooth.

Any thoughts?

Note: This is also causing major problems in some of my old pc games.

They haven't updated their drivers in a while, i am waiting for a different one other then 8.3 Nevertheless i am just trying out different drivers now, see if the problem is fix. I am also in the process of uninstall DX and just do a fresh install.

peace

Turning off aGP texture acceleration fixes the problem, but i still have problems with some of my older games. I think its a driver issue, but until visiontek update thier drivers, i am stuck.

I have everything install. Right now i am using the digitally signed 8.3 visiontek drivers and the 8.3 CCC. Only thing, the bottom line, out of 400 and more pc games which i own, thus far only about 10 of them i can't play. So until visiontek release another driver, i guess i will just play what i can.

This PCI card by visiontek wasn't created correctly. Because there is a driver in the inf file that reads: Visiontek ATI Radeon 2400 HD PRO PCI, its the same card right, but if you click to install it, it says its not compatible with this card. Weird, i tell you.

Anyways, i am looking forward for the new PCI geforce 8 series cards. One of them is going to be my next. I do hope visiontek release a updated driver soon.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back